4 Assisted Living Facilities in Brevard, NC
College Walk Retirement Community100 North College Row, Brevard, NC
Cedar Mountain House11 Sherwood Ridge Road, Brevard, NC
Kingsbridge House10 Sugarloaf Road, Brevard, NC
Tore's Home®261 Woodland Terrace, Brevard, NC
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Brevard area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 19 reviews of assisted living communities in the Brevard area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 4 assisted living communities in the Brevard area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Brevard
In 2017, Forbes listed Brevard as one of the Best Places to Retire, and in 2018, Southern Living Magazine dubbed the city as one of the 10 Best Places to Travel in the South. This small city is located between the Pisgah National Forest and the Dupont State Forest, which provides a variety of outdoor activities for active seniors.
For seniors looking to retire, there are four assisted living residences (ALRs) in Brevard and 17 nearby. Regulated by the North Carolina Division of Health Services, ALRs come in two different types. This includes adult care homes (ACHs) and multi-unit assisted housing.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Brevard
- The Brevard area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Transylvania Regional Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Brevard has an array of community resources for seniors, including Aging Matters, an organization that is dedicated to helping the senior community enjoy happy, healthy and active lives, as well as at least one senior center.
Transylvania County’s Transportation Department provides senior adult transportation for individuals 60 and older. Rides include trips to nutrition sites, doctor’s appointments, shopping centers, recreational centers, banks and utility locations.
- The cost of living in Brevard is slightly higher than other cities in the state. The city has a cost of living comparable to other cities in the United States.
- On a scale of one (low) to 100 (high), Brevard ranks 19.9 in regard to violent crime, which is less than the national average of 31.1. It also ranks 43.7 in property crime, which is slightly higher than the national level.
- Brevard gets approximately eight inches of snow per year and 62 inches of rain. The average high in July is around 84 degrees, while the January low is around 25. The city experiences four very distinct seasons throughout the year.
Paying for Assisted Living in Brevard
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in North Carolina
Assisted Living costs in Brevard start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Brevard and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Brevard
Financial assistance is available for eligible seniors who need help paying for an ALR. Based on the Federal Supplemental Security income payment and other sources of income, the aid comes from the Medicaid State Plan, and it does no cover the cost of a private room.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Brevard
Brevard and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Brevard
Brevard-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in North Carolina are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page for more information about these laws.