68 Assisted Living Facilities in Yonkers, NY
Also serving communities of Riverdale.
Sunrise of Crestwood65 Crisfield Street, Yonkers, NY
Five Star Premier Residences of Yonkers537 Riverdale Avenue, Yonkers, NY
Westchester Center for Independent & Assisted Living78 Stratton Street South, Yonkers, NY
St. Michael's Home3 Lehman Terrace, Yonkers, NY
Palisade Gardens185 Palisade Avenue, Yonkers, NY
Brookdale Paramus186 Paramus Rd., Paramus, NJ
Sunrise of Paramus567 Paramus Road, Paramus, NJ
Sunrise at Fleetwood500 North Columbus Avenue, Mount Vernon, NY
Sunrise of Old Tappan195 Old Tappan Road, Old Tappan, NJ
Brookdale Emerson590 Old Hook Road, Emerson, NJ
The Kensington100 Maple Avenue, White Plains, NY
Sunrise of Woodcliff Lake430 Chesnut Ridge Road, Woodcliff Lake, NJ
The Promenade at Blue Hill582 Veterans Memorial Drive, Pearl River, NY
Sunrise of Edgewater351 River Road, Edgewater, NJ
Sunrise of Cresskill4 Tenakill Park Drive, East, Cresskill, NJ
CareOne at The Cupola100 W Ridgewood Avenue, Paramus, NJ
Fox Trail Memory Care Living at Cresskill248 Madison Ave, Cresskill, NJ
The Ambassador of Scarsdale9 Saxon Wood Road, White Plains, NY
Fox Trail Memory Care Living at Hillsdale East and West45 Pascack Road, Hillsdale, NJ
Fox Trail Memory Care Living at Paramus143 Fairview Ave, Paramus, NJ
At A Glance
There are 68 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in Yonkers is $3,762 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Yonkers area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 40 reviews of assisted living communities in the Yonkers area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 68 assisted living communities in the Yonkers area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Yonkers
Yonkers, New York is suburban community north of New York City that's known as a quiet place to live. It features views of the Hudson River, along with many art museums and green spaces for seniors to enjoy. There are 103 assisted living facilities to choose from in the Yonkers area, all of which are regulated by the New York Department of health as adult care facilities (ACFs). These facilities provide long-term non-medical care to adults who can't live entirely independently due.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Yonkers
Winters in Yonkers have low temperatures averaging in the mid-20s and snow throughout the season. The rest of the year, the temperatures are moderate, with summer highs in the high 80s. Monthly precipitation is common, which may limit the time seniors can spend enjoying outdoor activities.
- While Westchester County, in which Yonkers resides, has improved it's overall air quality in recent years, it recently got an F from the American Lung Association for ozone pollution. In other words, sometimes the air is good in the Yonkers area, other times it's not ideal to be outside.
- As it’s a relatively desirable suburb, Yonkers has a higher cost of living than both the state and national averages. However, much of this is due to the cost of housing, which is more than double the national mean. Utility costs are also higher, as are other necessities like groceries and health care.
- The overall crime rate in Yonkers is lower than both the state and national averages by a significant percentage, though the violent crime rate is strangely higher than national averages. This may be a concern for seniors who enjoy spending time away from their assisted living community.
- For a suggested contribution of just one dollar, the city of Yonkers provides transportation services for seniors who need to go to doctor’s appointments, supermarkets and local senior centers. There are specific windows when this transportation service is offered and seniors should call the Office of Aging at least two weeks in advance to schedule a ride.
- The Yonkers area is home to world-class medical facilities, including St. John’s Riverside Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness
Paying for Assisted Living in Yonkers
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New York
Assisted Living costs in Yonkers start around $3,762 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Yonkers and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Yonkers
The state of New York provides a couple waiver programs that help seniors afford their chosen assisted living facility. The Managed Long Term Care Waiver helps residents with payment in assisted living facilities and the Assisted Living Program helps those who qualify for nursing home care but want to live in an assisted living facility afford it.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New York page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Yonkers
Yonkers and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Yonkers
Yonkers-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New York are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New York page for more information about these laws.