23 Assisted Living Facilities in Pittsford, NY
Highlands at Pittsford300 Hahnemann Trail, Pittsford, NY
Heather Heights160 West Jefferson Road, Pittsford, NY
CLOVERWOODOne Sinclair Drive, Pittsford, NY
Atria Penfield2006 Five Mile Line Road, Penfield, NY
The Landing of Brighton1350 Westfall Road, Rochester, NY
Baywinde Senior Living100 & 200 Kidd Castle Way, Webster, NY
Brookdale Fairport7 Chardonnay Drive, Fairport, NY
St. Ann’s Community1500 Portland Avenue , Rochester, NY
The Northfield4560 Nine Mile Point Road, Fairport, NY
Heathwood Assisted Living at Penfield100 Elderwood Court, Penfield, NY
Episcopal SeniorLife Communities110 Dalaker Drive, Rochester, NY
Fairport Baptist Homes4646 Nine Miles Point Road, Fairport, NY
Linden House209 Linden Street, Rochester, NY
Wolk Manor Enriched Living Center4000 Summit Circle Drive, Rochester, NY
St. John's Meadows1 Johnsarbor Drive West, Rochester, NY
Legacy at Grande‘Vie2140 Five Mile Line Road, Penfield, NY
Rochester Presbyterian Home - The Homestead256 Thurston Road, Rochester, NY
Woodcrest Commons4455 West Henrietta Road, Henrietta, NY
Brentland Woods3831 East Henrietta Road, Henrietta, NY
Shire at Culverton Adult Home2515 Culver Road, Rochester, NY
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Pittsford area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 14 reviews of assisted living communities in the Pittsford area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 23 assisted living communities in the Pittsford area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Pittsford
Located just south of Rochester, New York, Pittsford is an unofficial suburb of the large upstate city. The town is known for its Greenprint plan, which preserves open spaces for residents. Over 19 percent of the population of the Pittsford are 60 years or older, and there are 23 assisted living facilities in the Pittsford area. The New York Department of Health has registered and licensed all of these facilities and regulates them under strict laws and guidelines.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Pittsford
- Pittsford’s weather is known for having a lot of snow, much like the rest of Upstate New York. It averages 78 inches of snow per year with a January low of 18 degrees. The other seasons are much milder, with summer highs topping off at 81 degrees.
- The air quality in the Pittsford area is pretty good year-round, though some pollution from Rochester can downgrade it, depending on which way the wind is blowing off nearby Lake Ontario. However, an American Lung Association’s recent report shows the overall air quality in the area has been getting progressively better over the past few years.
- The cost of living in Pittsford, 114.9, is higher than the national average of 100 but lower than the New York state average of 122. Housing has the highest average cost at $273,100, but other regular necessities like health care, utilities, and transportation are also higher than the national mean of 100.
- Pittsford has very little crime to speak of, due to the fact that it’s a suburb in a safer area of Rochester. Its crime rate doesn’t even register in violent crime comparison charts, making it one of the safest places to live in America.
- Private services like Home Instead Senior Care can transport seniors around the Pittsford and Rochester area for a relatively low cost. However, there are also a number of independent drivers in the area who will help drive seniors from place to place.
- The Pittsford area has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in the nearby city of Rochester.
Paying for Assisted Living in Pittsford
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New York
Assisted Living costs in Pittsford start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Pittsford and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Pittsford
For seniors who need financial assistance with assisted living the state of New York offers an Assisted Living Program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New York page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Pittsford
Pittsford and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Pittsford
Pittsford-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New York are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New York page for more information about these laws.