Assisted Living in Orchard Park
Orchard Heights, Inc5200 Chestnut Ridge Road, Orchard Park, NY
Absolut Care of Orchard Brooke6060 Armor Duells Road, Orchard Park, NY
Absolut At Orchard Park6060 Armor Road, Orchard Park, NY
Elderwood Assisted Living at West Seneca580 Orchard Park Road, West Seneca, NY
Elderwood Assisted Living at Hamburg76 Buffalo Street, Hamburg, NY
Peregrine Senior Living at Cheektowaga575 Cayuga Creek Road, Cheektowaga, NY
Eden Heights of West Seneca3030 Clinton Street, West Seneca, NY
The Courtyards LLC5285 South Park Avenue, Hamburg, NY
Glenwell2248 Old Union Road, Cheektowaga, NY
Liberty Apartment10 - 35 Manko Ln, Buffalo, NY
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Orchard Park area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 13 reviews of assisted living communities in the Orchard Park area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 10 assisted living communities in the Orchard Park area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Orchard Park
Orchard Park is located 14 miles southeast of Buffalo, New York, not far from the iconic Niagra Falls. Though 19.4 percent of Orchard Park's population is older than 65, there are only three assisted living facilities in the city and nearby areas. Assisted living facilities are known as adult care facilities (ACFs) in New York, and they are regulated by the New York State Department of Health. There are three types of ACFs that are licensed by the state, including adult homes and enriched housing programs.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Orchard Park
- The Orchard Park area has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Buffalo.
- Orchard Park has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Senior Center, an organization that provides physical activities like tai chi and art classes.
- Winters are harsh in Orchard Park, as they are in the rest of Upstate New York, with temperatures dropping below 10 degrees Fahrenheit in the coldest months. Orchard Park also experiences more than quadruple the amount of snow than the rest of the United States. Seniors who enjoy the sunshine or travel often should take this into consideration.
- Overall, Orchard Park's cost of living is approximately equal to the rest of the United States and is 20 percent cheaper than New York. However, the average cost of health care and groceries is lower than the state and national median, so seniors shouldn't have a problem finding affordable options.
- Orchard Park experiences only half the amount of violent crimes that the rest of the United States does, with a score of 18 as opposed to the nation's 31. Property crime is 22 percent lower than in other areas of the United States. Such low rates might suggest Orchard Park is an incredibly safe option for seniors.
- With a score of 83, the air quality in Orchard Park is 25 percent better than the national average. Because there are less harmful materials in the air, Orchard Park could be ideal for seniors who have asthma or other lung conditions.
Paying for Assisted Living in Orchard Park
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New York
Assisted Living costs in Orchard Park start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Orchard Park and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Orchard Park
Seniors seeking financial aid for assisted living in New York should look to the Medicare program's Assisted Living Program (ALP) waiver, which is available to self-paying applicants and Medicaid recipients.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New York page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Orchard Park
Orchard Park and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Orchard Park
Orchard Park-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New York are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New York page for more information about these laws.