Assisted Living in Kings County

yrs

Sunrise at Sheepshead Bay

2211 Emmons Avenue, Brooklyn, NY
$$$$
Sandy: "Sunrise at Sheepshead Bay's room had a water view and it was gorgeous. The tour director was very good and the nurse was great."
yr

Sunrise at Mill Basin

5905 Strickland Avenue, Brooklyn, NY
$$$$
John: "Sunrise at Mill Basin is clean and has all different services. The private room has its own bathroom. They have a library, dining room, and activity rooms. The staff member who showed me around was very good. They have many amenities, but it wasn't cramped because they have space unlike other places."

Harbor View Home Assisted Living

3900 Shore Parkway, Brooklyn, NY
$$$$
satisfied client266677: "My dad moved to Harbor View. The staff was very caring and willing to work with me. My father said the food is fine, and he likes it. I know they have different clubs, there’s stuff like Bingo, and he’s taken part in some kind of drama production. They’re very good. "

Oceanview Manor

3010 West 33rd Street, Brooklyn, NY
$$$$
Bobby: "Oceanview Manor was very nice, but there's not much public transportation. It's a very modern and elegant building. The staff was very nice, very helpful, and gave me a lot of information. The room was nice, clean, and pretty comfortable. They watch TV, they play games, they exercise, and they take them out on the patio or to look at the sea. The dining room was very nice. It's a cafeteria type dining room, but it's better. They have fruit available at all times. They have a... (read more)

Brooklyn Adult Care Center

2830 Pitkin Avenue, Brooklyn, NY
$$$$
Silvia: "I didn't like the atmosphere at Brooklyn Adult Care Center. There's a lot of residents hanging out on the street, which gives a bad impression. When you go inside, it's the same thing. They're all over the place. The place was well-kept, smelled nice, was clean, and well organized. It's just the hanging out and that environment that will shoo you off. The residents don't look that well. My friend felt very uncomfortable. The staff member did a good job. She was very knowledg... (read more)

New South Shore Manor

1041 East 83rd Street, Brooklyn, NY
$$$$
A Real Community in the Heart of Brooklyn New South Shore Manor was created with your loved one in mind, a place of comfort and safety, where enjoying a fulfilling life is a daily routine. Personal Care Assistance Our staff is focused on each resident at all times with 24-hour personal care and engaging activities of daily living. Housekeeping and laundry are also taken care of. Care Coordination We provide comprehensive care management and care coordination in add... (read more)

Mermaid Manor Home for Adults

3602 Mermaid Avenue, Brooklyn, NY
$$$$
Reviewer: "Mermaid Manor Home for Adults was clean, looked good from the outside, and was spacious. The staff was friendly, patient, quick so you don't have to wait too long, and hospitable."

Norwegian Christian Home & Health Center

1250 67Th Street, Brooklyn, NY
$$$$
Dimitra: "I went to Norwegian Christian Home, and my girlfriend tells me that they're very caring and attend to their residents. It was very immaculate and the staff was unbelievable. I saw the administration who was in charge, she took me through the tour, she was awesome, and explained everything to me. Once the application is all filled and I have all the paperwork, I'll go to her to set up the appointment. She's been very helpful."

Independent Living Association

110 York Street, Brooklyn, NY
1 review
jaydragon122v: "All the workers in the facility were very helpful and understanding. My Grandmother felt comfortable there after a short while. Whenever I'd come to visit, they would usually allow me to stay passed my time. The rooms were all very clean, but the building itself needs some updating. The food also isn't what my Grandmother was used to, but it was better then just regular hospital food. Overall, this is a great facility and I would recommend it to others. "

Ateret Avot

1410 East Tenth Street, Brooklyn, NY
1 review
Caring95831950: "I choose to visit Ateret Avot because it is closer to where I live; I wanted my mother to be closer to me. The facility was pleasant. The rooms were nice size. They were clean and decorated nicely. I like their rooms. They were very nice. They were renovated hotel-style. The environment was nice. They had lots of activities for the residents. However, they need more activities for them. "

At A Glance

There are 19 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in Kings County is $2,943 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.

Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Kings County area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.

• See more than 84 reviews of assisted living communities in the Kings County area from residents and their loved ones.
  • Browse our comprehensive directory of 19 assisted living communities in the Kings County area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.