Assisted Living in Cheektowaga
Elderwood Assisted Living at Cheektowaga229 Bennett Road, Cheektowaga, NY
Peregrine Senior Living at Cheektowaga575 Cayuga Creek Road, Cheektowaga, NY
Hospice Buffalo Mitchell Campus225 Como Park Blvd., Cheektowaga, NY
Glenwell2248 Old Union Road, Cheektowaga, NY
The Amberleigh2330 Maple Rd, Williamsville, NY
Brookdale Bassett Road245 Basset Rd, Williamsville, NY
Brookdale Kenmore2971 Delaware Avenue, Kenmore, NY
Elderwood Assisted Living at West Seneca580 Orchard Park Road, West Seneca, NY
Bristol Village, Inc.8455 Clarence Center Road, Clarence Center, NY
Brookdale Bassett Park111 St. Gregory Court, Williamsville, NY
At A Glance
There are 33 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in Cheektowaga is $3,895 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Cheektowaga area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 37 reviews of assisted living communities in the Cheektowaga area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 33 assisted living communities in the Cheektowaga area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Cheektowaga
Cheektowaga, New York, is the second-largest suburb of Buffalo and home to the largest mall in the Buffalo area, the Walden Galleria. Seniors can enjoy the town's rich cultural diversity, with many residents descendant from the Irish, Polish, German, Italian and French. Citizens can select from 38 assisted living facilities within the greater Cheektowaga area, with four directly in the suburb. Assisted living facilities in Cheektowaga and throughout New York are known as adult care facilities (ACF), and they provided long-term, nonmedical residential services to dependent adults. ACFs in Cheektowaga are licensed and regulated by the New York State Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Cheektowaga
- The Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority provides public transportation in Cheektowaga. Seniors qualify for half-off regular bus and rail fare in the surrounding areas. Conveniently, the town is home to the nearest major airport, Buffalo Niagara International Airport.
- Cheektowaga has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Cheektowaga Department of Senior Services, an organization that offers assistance in filing for Medicare and Medicaid, income tax preparation and visiting nurses in addition to a full schedule of recreational activities. There are also 35 senior citizen groups throughout the town.
- The Cheektowaga area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Sisters of Charity Hospital St. Joseph Campus, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Average temperatures in Cheektowaga typically range from 72 degrees in the winter to 25 degrees in the summer. Because of its location in western New York, Cheektowaga receives nearly 3.5 times more snow than the national average. In addition to the extreme precipitation, seniors should also be aware that Cheektowaga has experienced tornadoes in the past.
- The overall cost of living in Cheektowaga is 32 percent cheaper than the average cost of living in New York. Seniors who choose to live in this area will find Cheektowaga housing is nearly one-third the price of New York at large.
- On a scale of 1-100 (with 100 being best), Cheektowaga's air quality receives a score of 71, 13 percent higher than the national average. Cheektowaga's above-average air quality could suggest a better quality of life living for seniors with chronic illness aggravated by pollution.
Paying for Assisted Living in Cheektowaga
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New York
Assisted Living costs in Cheektowaga start around $3,895 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Cheektowaga and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Cheektowaga
Seniors seeking financial assistance for assisted living in Cheektowaga should look to the Medicaid program's Assisted Living Program (ALP) waiver, available to 4,200 applicants, either private-paying or Medicaid recipients.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New York page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Cheektowaga
Cheektowaga and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Cheektowaga
Cheektowaga-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New York are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New York page for more information about these laws.