Assisted Living in Roswell
Kindred Hospice400 North Pennsylvania Avenue, Roswell, NM
Avamere at Roswell2801 North Kentucky Avenue, Roswell, NM
At A Glance
There are 2 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in Roswell is $920 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Roswell area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 8 reviews of assisted living communities in the Roswell area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 2 assisted living communities in the Roswell area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Roswell
Famed as the alleged site of an alien crash-landing in 1947, Roswell is also New Mexico's fifth largest city and home to a growing number of retirees. For seniors who are considering moving into an assisted living facility in the Roswell area, there are two facilities in the city limits from which to choose. Additional options are available in the nearby towns of Carlsbad, Alamogrodo and Hobbs.
Assisted living communities in Roswell and throughout the state assist residents with one or more activities of daily living, such as eating, bathing or dressing. The facilities are licensed and regulated by the New Mexico Department of Health's Division of Health Improvement, Health Facility Licensing.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Roswell
- Roswell's climate is sunny and dry for most of the year. The city's average summer high temperature is 94 degrees and its winter low, 24 degrees. According to Sperling's Best Places, Roswell has a comfort index of 60, which is slightly higher than the U.S. average.
- Seniors on a budget will be pleased to learn that overall living costs in Roswell are 11.8 percent lower than the country's average.
- New Mexico's sales taxes are higher than most other states. Retirement income is also taxable, although seniors with low incomes may qualify for a deduction.
- Outings organized by assisted living facilities for residents may include visits to one of the city's many parks, museums or eateries, where the dishes often fuse Spanish and Native American flavors. Seniors visiting the International UFO Museum and Research Center receive a discount, while admission to the Roswell Museum and Art Center is free.
- The Roswell area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Eastern New Mexico Medical Center and Lovelace Regional Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Public transportation is provided by Roswell's Pecos Trails Transit bus system, which offers both fixed route and paratransit services. Seniors with disabilities may qualify for reduced fares.
Paying for Assisted Living in Roswell
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New Mexico
Assisted Living costs in Roswell start around $920 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Roswell and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Roswell
New Mexico offers a Medicaid waiver program called Centennial Care to assist eligible seniors with paying for services provided by assisted living facilities. The state also administers an Optional State Supplement (OSS) to Supplemental Security Income (SSI) recipients.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New Mexico page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New Mexico page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Roswell
Roswell and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Roswell
Roswell-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New Mexico are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New Mexico page for more information about these laws.