38 Assisted Living Facilities near Ramsey, NJ
Also serving communities of Allendale.
There are 38 Assisted Living Facilities in the Ramsey area, with 2 in Ramsey and 36 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Ramsey is $6,450 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Mahwah with an average starting cost of $6,450.
To help you with your search, browse the 305 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Ramsey. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Ramsey 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Ramsey, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Ramsey, NJ
36 Assisted Living Facilities near Ramsey, NJ
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Ramsey
Ramsey is a six-square-mile borough in Bergen County, New Jersey, nestled in the foothills of the Ramapo Mountains. Although it’s conveniently located 26 miles northwest of Midtown Manhattan, Ramsey offers active seniors both culture and community; it was voted one of the best places to live in New Jersey in Niche's 2018 rankings.
Ramsey's population is just over 15,000, with nearly 16 percent aged 65 and older. Seniors who need assistance with the activities of daily living in Ramsey find two assisted living facilities in the borough to accommodate them. There are also 36 other assisted living communities in nearby towns such as Wayne, Paramus and Woodcliff Lake.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Ramsey
- Because Ramsey lies 20 miles northwest of the George Washington Bridge, culture-seeking seniors enjoy a rapid commute to New York City. Some assisted living facilities may offer day trips to take advantage of the many museums, shops, restaurants and performing arts offerings, such as live theater, symphony, ballet and opera.
- An extensive public transit system makes it easy for active seniors to get around the region. Ramsey is on the main Bergen Line of New Jersey Transit, which provides commuters to and from New York City with an easy connection via the PATH rapid transit system.
- Seniors who don’t mind wet weather are happy in Ramsey. The borough receives an annual average of 49 inches of rain. This is higher than the US average of 39 inches. Ramsey averages 25 inches of snow annually.
- A crime rate that’s much lower than the US average makes Ramsey a good choice for safety-conscious seniors. On a scale of 1 to 100 with 1 representing low crime, Ramsey’s violent crime rate is 9.6 and property crime is 18.6. These are much lower than the US averages of 22.7 and 35.4.
- The cost of living in Ramsey is substantially higher than both the US average and New Jersey's. When compared to the rest of the country, the borough’s cost of living 77.8 percent higher. It’s 32.6 percent higher than the state’s average. Housing costs are the biggest factor.
- The Ramsey area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Valley Hospital in Ridgewood and Good Samaritan in Suffern, New York, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Ramsey
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New Jersey
Assisted Living costs in Ramsey start around $6,450 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Ramsey and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Ramsey
New Jersey seniors who meet certain qualifications for assisted living level of care may be eligible for government assistance. Managed Long Term Services and Supports (MLTSS) is a managed care system under the Comprehensive Medicaid Waiver that may help seniors pay for assisted living for participating facilities.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Ramsey
Ramsey and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Ramsey, please visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Ramsey
Ramsey-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New Jersey are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Ramsey
Review of Fox Trail Memory Care Living at Lake Street
My mother has moved into (Fox Trail) Memory Care Living at Lake Street. It's very nice, but it's a smaller place. They have constant activities. There are about seven or eight people in the house i... Read more
Review of Fox Trail Memory Care Living at Ramsey
We got this place because everything was included. They have just one price for most all of the care. This facility is not like others where initially they charge you with a basic fee and they go u... Read more