11 Assisted Living Facilities in Cape Girardeau, MO
Also serving communities of Jackson.
Chateau Girardeau3120 INDEPENDENCE STREET, Cape Girardeau, MO
Fountainbleau Lodge2001 NORTH KINGSHIGHWAY, Cape Girardeau, MO
Life Care Center of Cape Girardeau365 South Broadview, Cape Girardeau, MO
The Lutheran Home2825 Bloomfield Rd, Cape Girardeau, MO
Auburn Creek2910 Beavercreek Dr, Cape Girardeau, MO
Country Gardens210 FRANKS LANE, Cape Girardeau, MO
Frederick Street Manor429 N Frederick St, Cape Girardeau, MO
Maple Crest Manor430 NORTH FREDERICK STREET, Cape Girardeau, MO
Parkwood Manor325 NORTH SPRIGG STREET, Cape Girardeau, MO
Capetown2857 Cape La Croix Road, Cape Girardeau, MO
Monticello House1115 K Land Drive, Jackson, MO
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Cape Girardeau area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 6 reviews of assisted living communities in the Cape Girardeau area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 11 assisted living communities in the Cape Girardeau area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Cape Girardeau
The city of Cape Girardeau, located in Cape Girardeau and Scott counties, is home to the Isle Casino Cape Girardeau, Capaha Park and Crisp Museum and has a population of 37,941. Seniors looking for assisted living facilities (ALFs) in the area have the option between ten local and two nearby communities. All licensing and regulation for each district are overseen by the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services (DHSS), Division of Regulation and Licensure, Section for Long-Term Care Regulation. The DHSS considers ALFs as either assisted living or residential care facilities (RCFs) and allows ALFs to handle seniors who take longer to evacuate buildings.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Cape Girardeau
- The cost of living in Cape Girardeau is considered to be cheaper than both the state and national average. Seniors can pay less on groceries, where the city scores 95.2 compared to the national median of 100, and health care bills, scoring a 96 compared to 100.
- Cape Girardeau has both high property and crime rates compared to the national average. Citizens here are safer than just 6 percent safer other U.S. cities, and safer than 11 percent of other areas in the state.
- Seniors in Cape Girardeau often experience cold, muggy winters that average temperatures between 35 to 49 degrees during the coldest months, November to March.
- The Cape Girardeau area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Landmark Hospital, Saint Francis Medical Center and Southeast Missouri Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Cape Girardeau has an array of community resources for seniors, including Cape Senior Center, an organization serves daily lunches, provides activities and offers information to seniors at its local center.
- Seniors living in Cape Girardeau pay an 8.475 percent sales tax, higher than the 8.04 percent average Missouri state tax.
Paying for Assisted Living in Cape Girardeau
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Missouri
Assisted Living costs in Cape Girardeau start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Cape Girardeau and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Cape Girardeau
Seniors living in Cape Girardeau seeking state financial assistance can find aid through the Medicaid State Plan Personal Care (SPPC) program as well as Supplemental Security Income (SSI) for room and board assistance.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Cape Girardeau
Cape Girardeau and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Cape Girardeau
Cape Girardeau-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Missouri are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page for more information about these laws.