Assisted Living in Ridgeland
Ridgeland Place410 Orchard Park, Ridgeland, MS
The Blake at Township608 Steed Road, Ridgeland, MS
The Orchard600 S. Pear Orchard Road, Ridgeland, MS
St. Catherine's Village200 Dominican Dr, Madison, MS
The Quarters Assisted Living585 Beasley Road, Jackson, MS
Harmony Court Assisted Living5411 I-55 North Frontage Rd, Jackson, MS
Castlewoods Place140 Castlewoods Boulevard, Brandon, MS
Blake at Flowood350 Town Center Way, Flowood, MS
Peach Tree Village6100 OLD BRANDON ROAD, Brandon, MS
Willard F. Bond Home7521 OLD CANTON ROAD, Madison, MS
At A Glance
There are 11 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in Ridgeland is $3,375 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Ridgeland area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 26 reviews of assisted living communities in the Ridgeland area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 11 assisted living communities in the Ridgeland area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Ridgeland
Ridgeland is a large multi-cultural metropolitan area just north of Jackson, Mississippi’s capitol city. The Ridgeland area is home to three assisted living facilities (ALFs). An additional nine are located in the surrounding area. ALF services in Ridgeland, and in all of Mississippi, include assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs) and medical services. The licensing and regulation of ALFs are governed by the Mississippi State Department of Health (MSDH).
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Ridgeland
- Seniors can feel safe in Ridgeland due to a low violent crime rate of 15.2 (1 being the lowest) versus the national average of 31.1. The property crime is 40.0, which is a little higher than the national average of 38.1, and may be of concern.
- The cost of living in Ridgeland is 7.9 percent less than U. S. average. The cost of groceries and miscellaneous items averages lower than both the state and national median. Also, health care costs in Ridgeland are 7 percent lower than the U.S. average. This can make it easier for seniors on a budget to find higher quality assisted living care.
- On average, Ridgeland receives no annual snowfall so seniors can stay active year round. While July has a high of 92 degrees Fahrenheit, January's low 35-degree-Fahrenheit average may be too cold for some.
- The Ridgeland area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Select Specialty Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- There are many interesting things for seniors in Ridgeland to explore. The City of Ridgeland offers adult day and overnight trips to experience Broadway plays and historic sites. Seniors might also enjoy taking a boat ride or touring the Governor’s Mansion in neighboring Jackson.
- In Mississippi, IRA income, social security checks and 401(k) are all tax exempt. This may make it easier for low-income seniors to pay for assisted living.
Paying for Assisted Living in Ridgeland
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Mississippi
Assisted Living costs in Ridgeland start around $3,375 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Ridgeland and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Ridgeland
The state's Medicaid program offers an Assisted Living Waiver to help low-income seniors pay assisted living costs. Unfortunately, there aren't any non-Medicaid programs for seniors concerning assisted living available.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Mississippi page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Mississippi page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Ridgeland
Ridgeland and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Ridgeland
Ridgeland-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Mississippi are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Mississippi page for more information about these laws.