Assisted Living in Woodbury
Stratford6617 Stratford Rd, Woodbury, MN
Woodbury Health Care Center7012 LAKE ROAD, Woodbury, MN
New Perspective | Woodbury2195 Century Avenue South, Woodbury, MN
Stonecrest8725 Promenade Lane, Woodbury, MN
Woodbury Estates2825 Woodlane Drive,, Woodbury, MN
Sunrise of Roseville2555 Snelling Avenue North, Roseville, MN
The Legacy of St. Anthony2540 Kenzie Terrace, Minneapolis, MN
Brookdale West St. Paul (AL)305 East Thompson Avenue, Saint Paul, MN
Brookdale Inver Grove Heights5891 Carmen Avenue, Inver Grove Heights, MN
At A Glance
There are 103 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in Woodbury is $5,500 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Woodbury area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 11 reviews of assisted living communities in the Woodbury area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 103 assisted living communities in the Woodbury area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Woodbury
Woodbury, Minnesota is a St. Paul suburb situated just west of the Wisconsin-Minnesota border. One out of five of Woodbury’s 67,855 residents falls into the 55+ demographic. The city offers 56 different assisted living facilities (ALFs) to meet their needs. Services include help with medication, housekeeping and laundry, assessments of physical and cognitive needs and assistance with daily living activities. The Minnesota Department of Health regulates both ALF services and ALF facilities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Woodbury
- Woodbury’s climate is slightly on the wetter side, with most of the precipitation coming as snow (49 inches annually). Temperatures also can be harsh in winter, dipping into the single digits. Seniors might find winters in the area harder to tolerate as a result, and the overall Sperling’s Comfort Index is below average (41 out of 100 versus 54, 100 is best).
Woodbury’s air quality is right on target compared to the national rank of 58, sitting at 57. The ranking is based on the National Air Toxics Assessment from the EPA. The city’s rank means that, while there is room for improvement, seniors should be relatively comfortable when it comes to respiratory health.
- Woodbury, Minnesota has a cost of living of 124, making it more expensive than average (100). Housing is the biggest contributor here, as it often is in other cities across the nation with higher-than-normal expenses. The next two biggest areas pulling the cost of living up are miscellaneous (e.g., restaurants, clothing, services, etc.) and groceries.
- Seniors who choose an assisted living facility in Woodbury, Minnesota might be eligible for a subtraction that lowers the amount of taxed income. But public and private pension incomes are fully taxed, and Social Security income is partially taxed.
- Seniors living in Woodbury ALFs can feel fairly confident about their personal and property safety. While the national averages for violent and property crime are 31.1 and 32.8 out of 100, respectively, Woodbury ranks at 21.6 and 38.1.
- The Woodbury area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Woodwinds Health Campus, St. Joseph’s Hospital, United Hospital, St. John’s Hospital and Bethesda Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Woodbury
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Minnesota
Assisted Living costs in Woodbury start around $5,500 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Woodbury and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Woodbury
Minnesota offers several programs and waivers that might offer financial help to seniors who need ALF services. These include the Elderly Waiver, Community Access for Disability Inclusion (CADI) Waiver, Minnesota Personal Care Assistant (PCA) program, as well as Minnesota Senior Health Options (MSHO) and Senior Care Plus (MSC+).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Woodbury
Woodbury and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Woodbury
Woodbury-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Minnesota are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page for more information about these laws.