Assisted Living in Riverview
Atria Kinghaven14800 King Road, Riverview, MI
The Bellaire Senior Living12621 Hale Street, Riverview, MI
Rivergate Health Care Center14141 Pennsylvania Road, Riverview, MI
Elmcroft of Downriver19697 Allen Rd, Brownstown Township, MI
Beechwood Living Center10470 Beech Daly Road, Taylor, MI
Falkirk Assisted Living30134 Cahill, Flat Rock, MI
Mary Rose Residence22293 Sibley Road, Brownstown Township, MI
Marybrook Residence23201 Gibraltar Road, Flat Rock, MI
Loving Care Residential Assisted Living31704 Marigold St, Rockwood, MI
At A Glance
There are 19 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in Riverview is $2,960 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Riverview area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 38 reviews of assisted living communities in the Riverview area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 19 assisted living communities in the Riverview area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Riverview
A downriver suburb of Detroit, Riverview is a vibrant little town with a sizable senior community: 22.6 percent of the population is 65 or older. There are 19 assisted living communities in the Riverview area with 4 in the city itself and 15 more located in the surrounding area. These facilities offer seniors assistance with their basic daily needs such as eating, bathing and dressing while still allowing them to enjoy their independence. The official state terminology for assisted living facilities (ALFs) in Michigan is an Adult Foster Care Facility (AFCF), and they are governed by the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA), which divides them into six categories, depending on size and staffing,
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Riverview
- Compared to the rest of the country the cost of living in Riverview is reasonable. At 10.5 percent below the national median, it is friendly to those seniors living on a limited budget.
- Riverview is a much safer community than most of the state or country. Having a violent crime rate of 27.5 and a property crime rate of 24.9 it is a community where seniors can feel secure both in their homes and on the street.
- The State of Michigan is not known for its balmy climate and Riverview is no different. Receiving on average 70 inches of precipitation each year and with temperatures that drop well below freezing, it is not a city for those seniors sensitive to the cold and damp.
- The EPA's National Air Toxics Assessment gives Riverview an air quality rating of 67. This places it 9 points below the national average. Seniors with sensitive respiratory systems might want to take this into consideration.
- Riverview has few facilities from which to choose in the event of medical emergencies or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Trenton.
- The city of Riverview offers seniors several public transportation options.
These include Trinity Transportation that provides discounted taxi service to seniors and those with qualifying disabilities sponsored by the city and Ride Smart that has fixed bus routes and provides limited curb to curb paratransit service.
Paying for Assisted Living in Riverview
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Michigan
Assisted Living costs in Riverview start around $2,960 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Riverview and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Riverview
The State of Michigan offers the MI Choice program, MI Health Link and the Expanded Community Livings Support program to assist Riverview seniors in paying for ALFs. All of these are Medicare or Medicaid waiver programs and are subject to funding availability.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Riverview
Riverview and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Riverview
Riverview-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Michigan are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page for more information about these laws.