Assisted Living in Fenton
Courtyard Manor of Fenton2205 N Long Lake Rd, Fenton, MI
Posey's Senior Care Homes8470 Parshallville Road, Fenton, MI
Hidden Peace Specialized Living10520 Hartland Rd, Fenton, MI
Vicinia Gardens Assisted Living4016 Vicinia Way, Fenton, MI
Landings of Genesee Valley4444 West Court Street, Flint, MI
Brookdale Grand Blanc5080 Baldwin Road, Holly, MI
Lockwood of Burton2173 South Center Road, Burton, MI
Sugarbush Manor3237 Beecher Rd., Flint, MI
The Pines of Clarkston7550 Dixie Hwy, Clarkston, MI
At A Glance
There are 31 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in Fenton is $3,802 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Fenton area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 12 reviews of assisted living communities in the Fenton area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 31 assisted living communities in the Fenton area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Fenton
Located in eastern Michigan, Fenton is a midsized industrial city in proximity to the metropolitan areas of Flint, Ann Arbor, Detroit, and Lansing. It offers historic architecture and natural resources to seniors who want to explore the area. Seniors make up 15.9 percent of the population in Fenton and have many assisted living options to choose from.
The Michigan Bureau of Child and Adult Licensing, a part of the Department of Human Services is charged with regulating the 56 assisted living facilities located in and around Fenton. This type of facility is defined by the state as having 25 or more residents aged 55 or older.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Fenton
- Located in south-central Michigan along the Detroit River, Fenton is known for its warm summers and cold, snowy winters. The average high temperatures are 25 degrees in January and 73 degrees in July.
- The City of Fenton has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Loose Center, which provides a number of services for residents age 60 and older, as well as one senior center.
- The crime rate in Fenton is much lower than in other parts of southeast Michigan. Fenton is safer than 59 percent of cities in the United States.
- Fenton is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Fenton Medical Center and the McLaren Flint-Fenton Community Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- It's easy to get around Fenton. MTA Flint provides regular scheduled public bus service throughout the city and between Fenton and other parts of Genesee County. In addition, the Michigan Smart Bus system offers curb-to-curb minibus service to points within 10 miles with advanced reservations.
- Fenton is home to a number of cultural sites and museums. Chief among these are the Fenton Museum, the restored Fenton Grand Turk railroad depot, the 230-acre Seven Lake State Park, known for its excellent fishing, and Spicer's Orchards Farm Market.
Paying for Assisted Living in Fenton
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Michigan
Assisted Living costs in Fenton start around $3,802 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Fenton and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Fenton
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Fenton
Fenton and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Fenton
Fenton-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Michigan are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page for more information about these laws.