Assisted Living in Eaton Rapids
Island City1507 Kyle Street, Eaton Rapids, MI
Maplewood AFC11300 Columbia Highway, Eaton Rapids, MI
Country Acres Adult Home735 S Michigan Rd, Eaton Rapids, MI
New Haven Elder Care230 Hoehn Court, Dimondale, MI
Craft Care Homes - Mason588 S Edgar Rd, Mason, MI
Moore's Adult Foster Care Home1385 Gidner Road, Charlotte, MI
At A Glance
There are 6 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in Eaton Rapids is $3,835 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Eaton Rapids area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 7 reviews of assisted living communities in the Eaton Rapids area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 6 assisted living communities in the Eaton Rapids area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Eaton Rapids
Eaton is known as The Saratoga of the West due to its mineral water springs, which can be of great benefit to senior citizens. The senior population in Eaton Rapids is 15.2 percent, slightly below Michigan’s average of 16.7 percent. The Eaton Rapids area has 13 assisted living facilities for these seniors, with three in Eaton Rapids and the other 10 in nearby towns like Charlotte. The Department of Human Services regulates assisted living in Michigan, including homes for the aged and adult foster care. A home for the aged is for anyone over the age of 60, while an adult foster care home is for adults requiring special care.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Eaton Rapids
- Eaton Rapids is located in the southern end of Michigan’s Lower Penninsula, where the average monthly snowfall is greater than one foot for both December and January. The average temperatures in January range from a low of 15 degrees to a high of 29 degrees, which could be uncomfortable for seniors sensitive to cold. The average temperature range for Eaton Rapids in July is between 60 and 81 degrees.
- The overall cost of living in Eaton Rapids is about 91 percent of the national average. The lowest essential expense is housing, which is 74 percent of the national average. Healthcare and transportation are the only expenses that are somewhat high, at one and five percent above the national average respectively, but nothing that should tax seniors on a budget too badly.
- Eaton Rapids’ overall crime rate is about average, with a rate that’s lower than about 46 percent of the cities in the United States. However, the rate of violent crime is significantly lower, at 3.06 per thousand people per year. In comparison, the annual rate of violent crime is 4.59 per thousand people for Michigan and 4 for the United States. Seniors should take some precautions while in town on errands.
- EATRAN provides public transportation for Eaton County. The fare for seniors over the age of 60 and the disabled is half of the standard fare. Out-of-county medical trips are also available on a limited basis.
- The Eaton Rapids Senior Center maintains a full schedule of activities, including exercise classes, cards and other games. Other group activities include dances, jam sessions and trivia contests. This senior center also serves lunch three days a week and dinner once a month.
- Eaton Rapids is home to world-class medical facilities, including Eaton Rapids Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Eaton Rapids
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Michigan
Assisted Living costs in Eaton Rapids start around $3,835 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Eaton Rapids and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Eaton Rapids
Michigan provides many personal care services through its Medicaid State Plan, including homes for the aged. This state also provides recipients of supplemental security income with an optional state supplement that limits room and board charges, provided they reside in a home for the aged.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Eaton Rapids
Eaton Rapids and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Eaton Rapids
Eaton Rapids-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Michigan are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page for more information about these laws.