Assisted Living in Riverdale

139 Communities

Crescent Cities Center

4409 East-West Highway, Riverdale, MD
$$$$
Caring3835: "Crescent Cities Center was good. They have a doctor for any customer who has Kaiser Permanente. They even have an office in there to coordinate their care. It was good. They had very nice and beautiful staff there. They were kind and very astute, taking care to explain everything fully. I felt relaxed, and there was a peaceful environment. It was an old hospital, so it was very big. The therapeutic area was good, and they had a lot of good equipment. "

Gentle Steps Assisted Living

6108 63Rd Place, Riverdale, MD

Brookdale Arlington

3821 Wilson Blvd, Arlington, VA
$$$$
Donna: "She's been living at Brookdale Arlington for a while and we decided to keep her there. The staff is mostly friendly. We have had problems with getting in contact and meeting with someone about her care plan. The activities are not that robust right now. Her room is a studio and it's neat and clean. There are a few things that are broken, like a curtain that hasn't been fixed yet."

Five Star Premier Residences of Chevy Chase

8100 Connecticut Avenue, Chevy Chase, MD
$$$$
visitor13: "I visited Five Star Premier Residences. I had a phone call from the chef who prepares the dining room food inviting me to come over anytime and talk to him about my nutritional needs, my special diet, and I thought that was very good. The people were very nice, and the apartments were beautiful, expensive, clear, and well-maintained. It's close enough to my medical providers, so that would be fine. I had one meal there. The food that they offer does not meet my needs, but th... (read more)

Brookdale Woodward Estates

14997 Health Center Drive, Bowie, MD
$$$$
Cynthia: "My aunt moved into Brookdale Woodward Estates, and it was a very good experience. I'm very pleased with the care that she received, they have a very familiar, friendly staff, and the people there know the family members. They have a lot of activities that they engage the residents in. She's in a large studio apartment furnished with a single bed, a dresser, a table that basically more than meets her needs, and a bathroom with a shower. However, I'm not pleased with the house... (read more)

Sunrise of Silver Spring

11621 New Hampshire Avenue, Silver Spring, MD
$$$$
Marion: "Sunrise of Silver Spring was very nice, but the rooms were a little small. My wife had a lot of things wrong with her, which requires her to have quite a bit of stuff around her, and I thought the rooms were quite small for that. They had a recreation room and a very nice dining facility. The staff was very nice. It looked very well organized. The people I saw there seemed to be very content."

HeartFields at Bowie

7600 Laurel Bowie Road, Bowie, MD
$$$$
Carol: "The people at HeartFields at Bowie are very courteous and very nice. They go out of their way to please you. They have different activities at different times. They said they have coffee 24 hours, which amused me. They’re very pleasant, and the place was very nice. It's a relatively new facility."

Sunrise of Arlington VA

2000 North Glebe Road, Arlington, VA
$$$$
SHE1234: "My mother stayed at Sunrise of Arlington for respite care. Overall, it was good, and she actually liked it there, but how they price the levels of care was very murky. They weren’t able to communicate that, and that was the negative for me. Her room was good, nothing fancy, but initially she had to share a bathroom with someone. We had to move her to a different room because of her roommate, but other than that it was good, and the people were very caring. They had activitie... (read more)
yr

Wellness Touch Care

15911 New Hampshire Avenue, Silver Spring, MD
$$$$
P Adams: "Clean and very friendly staff. When I need these services, I hope they will be around. I will sign up now. Wonderful place! "

Grand Oaks Assisted Living

5901 MacArthur Boulevard, NW, Washington, DC
$$$$
Grand Oaks Assisted Living is situated in Washington, D.C., just southeast of Turkey Run Park. Visitors are impressed by the facility's menu, which includes hot sandwiches, soups and salads as appetizers. Grand Oaks Assisted Living provides transportation to places within an 11-mile radius, and the most popular destinations include the Kennedy Center and museums in the city. Other amenities include a beauty salon, business center and heated pool. In their spare time, resident... (read more)

At A Glance

There are 139 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in Riverdale is $1,900 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.

Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Riverdale area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.

• See more than 2 reviews of assisted living communities in the Riverdale area from residents and their loved ones.
  • Browse our comprehensive directory of 139 assisted living communities in the Riverdale area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.