Assisted Living in Mitchellville
Collington A Kendal Affiliate10450 Lottsford Road, Mitchellville, MD
Springtime Home Iv804 Cypress Point Circle, Mitchellville, MD
Brookdale Woodward Estates14997 Health Center Drive, Bowie, MD
Sunrise of Silver Spring11621 New Hampshire Avenue, Silver Spring, MD
HeartFields at Bowie7600 Laurel Bowie Road, Bowie, MD
Hillhaven Assisted Living, Nursing & Rehab Center3210 Powder Mill Road, Adelphi, MD
Bowie Assisted Living, Inc12001 Lanham Severn Rd., Bowie, MD
Lifesprings Eldercare #26207 Joyce Drive, Temple Hills, MD
Morningside House of Laurel7700 Cherry Lane, Laurel, MD
Golden Sunset Services, Inc.7600 Woodyard Farm Road, Upper Marlboro, MD
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Mitchellville area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 8 reviews of assisted living communities in the Mitchellville area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 86 assisted living communities in the Mitchellville area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Mitchellville
Mitchellville is conveniently located in Prince George’s County between Washington D.C. and the Chesapeake Bay. Nearly 15 percent of Mitchellville’s residents are 65 or older. This aging population has plenty of choices for assisted living in the area, with two communities in town and another 55 nearby.
Assisted living facilities are facilities that provide supervision and support to seniors and may offer services such as medication management, organized social activities and prepared meals. They are licensed and regulated by the Maryland Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Mitchellville
- Seniors interested in life’s finer things may appreciate the bounty of wineries in Prince George’s County. Brandywine is a neighboring town of Mitchellville and offers five different locations for seniors to sample the local harvest such as the Vineyard at Robin Hill Farm.
- Mitchellville has a cost of living that is 44.3 percent higher than the national average. This means that seniors on a budget may find it difficult to afford necessary expenses during routine errands.
- Mitchellville is located in Prince George’s County which received a good Particle Pollution 24-hour score of A from the American Lung Association. This area, however, received a failing ozone score which could be a potential drawback for those with lung conditions.
- The Mitchellville area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Hospital Pavilion South, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Mitchellville has warm summers with an average high of 88 degrees in July, so seniors can get out and enjoy the beautiful scenery. Winters are chilly with an average of 24 degrees in January and 14 inches of snow, which may make it hard for seniors with limited mobility to get around.
- Seniors can enjoy peace of mind in their neighborhood thanks to Mitchellville's low crime rate. Property crime is 16 percent lower than the national average, and violent crime is about the same as the average, so seniors can feel secure during their outdoor activities.
Paying for Assisted Living in Mitchellville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Maryland
Assisted Living costs in Mitchellville start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Mitchellville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Mitchellville
For seniors looking for help covering assisted living costs, the state of Maryland has a waiver they may be eligible for called the Community Options Waiver through their Medicaid plan. The Assisted Living Subsidy program is a state-funded plan that seniors may also qualify for to help pay for assisted living.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Mitchellville
Mitchellville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Mitchellville
Mitchellville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Maryland are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page for more information about these laws.