Assisted Living in Easton
Bayleigh Chase545 Cynwood Drive, Easton, MD
The Pines610 Dutchmans Ln, Easton, MD
Whitewood Assisted Living112 Collier Road, Grasonville, MD
Chesapeake Woods Center525 Glenburn Ave, Cambridge, MD
Chesapeake Caregivers29160 Krismor Court, Trappe, MD
Special Home210 Henry Street, Cambridge, MD
At A Glance
There are 9 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in Easton is $5,618 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Easton area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 12 reviews of assisted living communities in the Easton area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 9 assisted living communities in the Easton area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Easton
Easton, Maryland, is situated along the eastern shore of the Chesapeake Bay. Seniors here can revel in the peaceful scenic beauty of the town and still enjoy all the fun of nearby cities like Baltimore and Annapolis. In the state of Maryland, the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene licenses three types of assisted living programs (ALPs) and, unlike many other states, does not stipulate a minimum number of residents for ALPs. The Easton area offers 13 assisted living facilities, with four located in city limits.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Easton
- The cost of living in Easton is higher than the national average, with a rank of 115 on the 100-point cost of living index. Seniors will find health care rates are about the same as the nation's, but grocery costs are considerably higher.
Easton's climate is moderate for the area. The summers are warm, with an average July high of 89 degrees Fahrenheit and more sunny days than the U.S. average. Winters are milder in Easton than in other cities in Maryland, with a January low of 27 degrees and about 13 inches of annual snowfall.
- The violent crime rate in Easton is lower than the state and national averages. However, the rate of property crime is higher in Easton than the Maryland average. The local odds of property crime victimization are 1 in 34.
- While the sales tax rate in Easton is the same as the national average, the income tax rate, at 7.2 percent, is 2.6 percent higher. Seniors should note that Maryland exempts certain types of retirement income, such as Social Security, while taxing other types, such as 401(k) and IRA income. Maryland is one of just two states in the nation that has both an estate and inheritance tax.
- The Easton area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the University of Maryland Shore Medical Center at Easton, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Public transportation in Easton is available through Delmarva Community Transit, which offers reduced fare to seniors.
Paying for Assisted Living in Easton
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Maryland
Assisted Living costs in Easton start around $5,618 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Easton and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Easton
The state of Maryland pays for services in Level II and III assisted living programs through the Medicaid 1915(c) Home and Community-Based Options Waiver Program. There is also a Senior Assisted Living Group Subsidy Program funded by the state, which pays for services in smaller assisted living facilities.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Easton
Easton and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Easton
Easton-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Maryland are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page for more information about these laws.