Assisted Living in Derwood

74 Communities

AlfredHouse Needwood

6020 Needwood Road, Derwood, MD
1 review
A Visitor: "AlfredHouse looked like a nice place, but they didn't offer apartment-sized rooms for my mother. They were a little short on amenities. There was a common room that was kind of a multipurpose room. I was a little disappointed with that, too. It appeared that the care was good. However, the lack of activities would be the reason I wouldn't give them a 5."

Sycamore Acres I

19120 Muncaster Road, Derwood, MD
$$$$
Sycamore Acres, I is located in Derwood City and Montgomery County MD. They are a family owned and operated Memory and residential care home that believes and understands firsthand what it means to be faced with these difficult decisions. Sycamore Acres was originally built for those with Alzheimer's and dementia. They offer activities for the seniors that are designed to keep them active and engaged. Its surroundings are serene, peaceful and relaxing with a manicured yard, f... (read more)

Sycamore Acres II

6000 Granby Road, Derwood, MD
$$$$
Sycamore Acres is located in Derwood City and Montgomery County MD. They are a family owned and operated Memory and residential care home that believes and understands firsthand what it means to be faced with these difficult decisions. Sycamore Acres was originally built for those with Alzheimer's and dementia. They offer activities for the seniors that are designed to keep them active and engaged. Its surroundings are serene, peaceful and relaxing with a manicured yard, flow... (read more)

Briar Meadow

6108 Granby Road, Derwood, MD
yr

Sunrise at Montgomery Village

19310 Club House Road, Montgomery Village, MD
$$$$
Melvin: "Sunrise at Montgomery Village was a wonderful place. The person who toured me was very nice and gave us a pleasant experience. The dining area was nice and clean. They had different levels of memory care and an independent living side. It looked very well-integrated."

Brookdale Olney

2611 Olney Sandy Springs Road, Olney, MD
$$$$
Paul: "Brookdale Olney was a very nice campus. The people seemed very professional. It was convenient compated to where my mother lives. It just seemed like an overall good and clean place, and the people were very nice. Everything seemed fit for us. The apartments were not huge, but were a good size. They have different sizes. The food was pretty good. There were open spaces and there were no smells."
yrs

Brookdale Potomac

11215 Seven Locks Road, Potomac, MD
$$$$
Larry: "Brookdale Potomac was nice and I liked it. They go out once a month, have Bingo and a little gym, and most of the amenities are nice. They have services and food. We saw two studios and they had a lot of windows, which makes it more open. They have corner rooms where they have windows on two sides and they appeared to be brighter. You can just open the windows and let the natural light come in."

Serenity Gardens Assisted Living II

9710 Falls Rd, Potomac, MD
$$$$
Mitchyboo: "Home away from home setting. Beautiful,refreshing,clean. Friendly staff. Extremely knowledgeable and outgoing owner who is a nurse. Was curious about the name initially but once I did the tour I liked the facility. Great cooks, well situated on 2 acres of land. Patient oriented, variety of activities. "

Potomac Seniors Village

10501 Burbank Drive, Potomac, MD
$$$$
sashasasha: "The owner Ruby is very involved at the facility. She gives a lot of time and attention to each resident. I am very happy to have put my Mother there and it gives me a peace of mind to know she is being well taken care of. I would recommend Potomac Seniors Village to anyone looking for their parent. "

Royals Assisted Living

2424 Portage Road, Silver Spring, MD
$$$$
R Crutchfield: "As you know, my father spent his last days here on earth in your beautiful facility. I want you to understand that my family and I are thankful for the loving and professional care you provided him. Regardless to the time of my visits, he was always clean, well fed, actively involved with some type of physical or mental activity or actively involved with staff members viewing one of his favorite musical or game shows on television. In addition, the extra time you took to ... (read more)

At A Glance

There are 74 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in Derwood is $4,200 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.

Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Derwood area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.

• See more than 1 reviews of assisted living communities in the Derwood area from residents and their loved ones.
  • Browse our comprehensive directory of 74 assisted living communities in the Derwood area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.