50 Assisted Living Facilities in Lenexa, KS
Sunrise of Lenexa15055 West 87th Street Parkway, Lenexa, KS
Benton House of Lenexa22000 Prairie Star Pkwy, Lenexa, KS
Westchester Village of Lenexa8505 Pflumm Road, Lenexa, KS
Vintage Park at Lenexa8710 Caenen Lake Road, Lenexa, KS
Homestead of Lenexa8740 Caenen Lake Rd, Lenexa, KS
Park Meadows Senior Living5901 West 107th Street, Overland Park, KS
Senior Star at Villa Ventura12100 Wornall Rd., Kansas City, MO
Bickford at Mission Springs5350 West 61st Place, Mission, KS
Brookdale Overland Park12000 Lamar Avenue, Overland Park, KS
Brookdale Rosehill12802 Johnson Dr., Shawnee, KS
The Atriums7300 West 107th Street, Overland Park, KS
Brighton Gardens of Prairie Village7105 Mission Road, Prairie Village, KS
Lamar Court Assisted Living11909 Lamar Avenue, Overland Park, KS
Brookdale Wornall Place501 West 107th St, Kansas City, MO
Armour Oaks Senior Living8100 Wornall Road, Kansas City, MO
Silvercrest at Deer Creek13060 Metcalf Avenue, Overland Park, KS
Rose Estates Assisted Living12700 Antioch Rd, Overland Park, KS
Bickford of Overland Park10665 Barkley, Overland Park, KS
Sunrise of Overland Park12500 West 135th, Overland Park, KS
The Sheridan at Overland Park10300 Indian Creek Parkway, Overland Park, KS
At A Glance
There are 50 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in Lenexa is $3,259 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Lenexa area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 21 reviews of assisted living communities in the Lenexa area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 50 assisted living communities in the Lenexa area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Lenexa
Dubbed "The Spinach Capital of the World" in the 1930s, Lenexa still embraces its former title by hosting the annual Spinach Festival. This suburban city has more than 50,000 residents, and nearly 13 percent of them are above the age of 65.
Seniors looking for assisted living support in the Lenexa area have plenty of choices with 96 assisted living facilities near Lenexa, five of which sit within the city limits. The Kansas Department for Aging and Disability Services regulates the safety of these assisted living communities, providing peace of mind for elderly residents and their families.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Lenexa
- Lenexa clocks in at 110.3 on a cost-of-living scale, where 100 equals the U.S. average, which means the city has a high cost of living compared to other locations. At $276,800, the median home cost is nearly twice as much in Lenexa as the Kansas average. On average, Lenexa residents also pay more for groceries, utilities and transportation than others who call Kansas home.
- The weather changes every season, so seniors who live in Lenexa may want to stock their closets with thick coats, rain boots and shorts to stay comfortable year round. Temperatures range from a frigid mid-20s average in the winter to sweat-inducing highs in the 80s and 90s during the summer.
- The Lenexa area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Shawnee Mission Health and the Kansas Institute of Medicine, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Lenexa seniors stay active by participating in programs such as Senior Pep Fitness, men's basketball and chair yoga offered by the Lenexa Community Center. Seniors who prefer non-athletic activities can play Bingo, bridge and board games at the Lenexa Senior Center.
- Nearly 2 out of 3 U.S. cities have a lower crime rate than Lenexa, Kansas. That may sound bleak, but residents are more likely to experience property damage or theft than become the victim of a violent crime in Lenexa.
- Lenexa seniors enjoy tax breaks in the form of exemptions and rebates. Seniors who have an adjusted gross income at or below $75,000 and receive Social Security benefits may qualify for a yearly tax exemption. Also, the SAFESR refund lets seniors claim an annual rebate totalling 75 percent of paid property tax expenses.
Paying for Assisted Living in Lenexa
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Kansas
Assisted Living costs in Lenexa start around $3,259 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Lenexa and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Lenexa
Qualified Lenexa Medicaid recipients receive financial assistance for assisted living communities from the Frail Elderly Waiver program. This benefit-rich program also helps seniors receive free or reduced-cost financial management services, assistive technology and personal care services.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Kansas page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Kansas page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Lenexa
Lenexa and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Lenexa
Lenexa-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Kansas are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Kansas page for more information about these laws.