Assisted Living in Westfield
Copper Trace1250 W. 146th Street, Westfield, IN
Wellbrooke of Westfield937 E 186th Street, Westfield, IN
Sanders Glen334 SOUTH CHERRY ST, Westfield, IN
Carmel Senior Living13390 N. Illinois Street, Carmel, IN
Sunrise on Old Meridian12130 Old Meridian Street, Carmel, IN
The Barrington of Carmel1335 S. Guilford Rd, Carmel, IN
Prairie Lakes Health Campus9730 Prairie Lakes Blvd E, Noblesville, IN
Meadow Brook Senior Living11011 Village Square Lane, Fishers, IN
Bickford of Carmel5829 116th St. E, Carmel, IN
Harbour Manor & The Lodge1667 Sheridan Rd, Noblesville, IN
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Westfield area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 7 reviews of assisted living communities in the Westfield area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 17 assisted living communities in the Westfield area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Westfield
Westfield, which is situated in Hamilton County in central Indiana, was named the Best Small City in America by WalletHub in 2016 and among CNN's Top 50 Best Places to Live in 2013. The city has a relatively small senior community, with older adults over the age of 65 making up less than 8 percent of the 39,000-person population.
While Westfield may not have a large senior population, the seniors who live there have several assisted living options. There are three assisted living facilities in the city proper and another 26 nearby. These facilities house five or more residents and provide at least one health-related service and at least two scheduled supportive services. They are licensed by the Family and Social Services Agency Division of Aging and are officially designated as Residential Care Facilities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Westfield
- With hot summers and chilly winters, Westfield's climate is typical of central Indiana. Seniors may appreciate the city's relatively low snowfall, though the high humidity levels in the summer may be unappealing to those with respiratory illnesses.
- Westfield's cost of living is about 12 percent higher than the national average. However, this is primarily due to the relatively high cost of housing. Seniors will find this city to be an affordable place to receive medical care, as health care expenses are about 15 percent below the national average. Groceries cost about 9 percent less than the countrywide median, and transportation costs are about 6 percent more.
- Westfield seniors are taxed on income from pension plans and retirement accounts, but they do not pay a state tax on their Social Security benefits.
- Westfield has a low crime rate, which may appeal to seniors who enjoy being active in the community. The rate of property crime is roughly 57 percent lower than state and national averages, and the rate of violent crime is 84 percent lower.
- The Westfield area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Riverview Health Westfield Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Westfield has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Shepherd's Center of Hamilton County, an organization that helps seniors by connecting them with resources to support their physical, mental and social well-being, as well as two senior centers.
Paying for Assisted Living in Westfield
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Indiana
Assisted Living costs in Westfield start around $3,623 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Westfield and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Westfield
Low-income Westfield seniors have access to three Indiana programs that may help cover the cost of their assisted living expenses, including Indiana Medicaid, the Medicaid Aged and Disabled 1915 (c) Waiver program and the Indiana Residential Care Assistance Program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Indiana page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Indiana page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Westfield
Westfield and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Westfield
Westfield-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Indiana are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Indiana page for more information about these laws.