Assisted Living in Greenwood
The Hearth at Stones Crossing2339 S. State Road 135, Greenwood, IN
Country Charm3177 Meridian Parke Drive, Greenwood, IN
Aspen Trace3154 South SR 135, Greenwood, IN
Bickford of Greenwood3021 Stella Dr, Greenwood, IN
Demaree Crossing1255 Demaree Road, Greenwood, IN
Greenwood Meadows1200 N. State Road 135, Greenwood, IN
Rosegate Assisted Living and Garden Homes7525 Rosegate Drive, Indianapolis, IN
Magnolia Springs SouthPointe4926 Sir Barton Way, Indianapolis, IN
The Wellington at Southport7212 US Highway 31 South, Indianapolis, IN
Beech Grove Meadows2002 Albany Street, Beech Grove, IN
At A Glance
There are 20 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in Greenwood is $2,830 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Greenwood area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 64 reviews of assisted living communities in the Greenwood area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 20 assisted living communities in the Greenwood area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Greenwood
Greenwood a populous suburb in the Indianapolis metropolitan area with almost 14 percent of residents age 65 and over. The city is home to six assisted living facilities, officially known as Residential Care Facilities (RCFs), with another 20 located nearby. Facilities are licensed and monitored by the Family and Social Services Agency (FSSA) Division of Aging, and if a facility will provide nursing care and medication administration, it must be licensed as a health facility by the Indiana Department of Health. Assisted living facilities are required to accommodate at least five seniors and provide at least one health-related service and two or more scheduled supportive services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Greenwood
- Greenwood ranks low on Sperling’s Comfort Index, coming in at 41 out of 100. This is due to an excessive number of days outside of the 70- to 80-degree range as well as high levels of humidity. The July high is 85 degrees Fahrenheit, and the January low is 20 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Greenwood’s overall cost of living is nearly 7 percent lower than the national average. While this is primarily due to the affordable housing costs, seniors can expect to spend about 6 percent less on groceries and about 3 percent less on transportation expenses. Health care is relatively expensive here, costing about 14 percent more than the national average.
- Greenwood’s overall crime rate is 29 percent higher than the state average and 36 percent higher than the national average. The rate of violent crime is 14 percent higher than Indiana’s average and 20 percent higher than the national average, and the rate of property crime is 31 percent higher than the state average and 39 percent higher than the national average.
- Public transportation in Greenwood is provided courtesy of IndyGo, which has local routes in Greenwood and downtown Indianapolis. Seniors can show their Medicare card to receive half-fare pricing.
- The Greenwood area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Community Hospital South, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Greenwood has an array of community resources for seniors, including Meals on Wheels, an organization that provides home-delivered meals for home-bound seniors, as well as one senior center.
Paying for Assisted Living in Greenwood
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Indiana
Assisted Living costs in Greenwood start around $3,005 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Greenwood and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Greenwood
Greenwood seniors have access to several programs that can help them pay for assisted living, including Indiana Medicaid, the state’s Medicaid Aged and Disabled 1915 (c) Waiver program, the Indiana Residential Care Assistance Program (RCAP) and Supplemental Security Income – Category G.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Indiana page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Indiana page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Greenwood
Greenwood and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Greenwood
Greenwood-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Indiana are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Indiana page for more information about these laws.