Assisted Living in Schaumburg
Sunrise of Schaumburg790 North Plum Grove Road, Schaumburg, IL
Friendship Village of Schaumburg350 W Schaumburg Rd, Schaumburg, IL
Brookdale Hoffman Estates1515 Barrington Road, Hoffman Estates, IL
Sunrise of Bloomingdale129 East Lake Street, Bloomingdale, IL
Brookdale Hoffman Estates Golf Rd.2150 West Golf Road, Hoffman Estates, IL
Westbrook Senior Living110 W. Schaumburg Road, Streamwood, IL
Alexian Village of Elk Grove975 Martha St, Elk Grove Village, IL
Victory Centre of Bartlett1101 West Bartlett Road, Bartlett, IL
Randall Residence of Wood Dale276 East Irving Park Road, Wood Dale, IL
Church Creek1250 West Central Road, Arlington Heights, IL
At A Glance
There are 15 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in Schaumburg is $4,840 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Schaumburg area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 32 reviews of assisted living communities in the Schaumburg area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 15 assisted living communities in the Schaumburg area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Schaumburg
The 19 assisted living facilities in and around Schaumburg, Illinois are regulated by the Illinois Department of Public Health. Such facilities are defined by the state as those having three or more unrelated residents, 80 percent of whom are aged 55 or older. The average monthly cost of an assisted living facility in the Chicago area is $4,695, which is considerably more than the national average of $3,750 and the median Illinois cost of $3,720.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Schaumburg
- The Schaumburg, Illinois area is home to world-class medical facilities including Feather Fall Medical Center and Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- A northwestern suburb of Chicago, Schaumburg is known for its mild summers and cold, snowy winters. The average high temperature in January is 30 degrees Fahrenheit and 85 degrees Fahrenheit in July.
- Schaumburg has an array of community resources for seniors, including meals, legal services and discounted transportation offered by the Township of Schaumburg, as well as a senior center.
- Crime isn't the big problem in Schaumburg that it is in many other Chicago suburbs. The overall crime rate in Schaumburg has decreased by six percent in recent years and is 17 percent lower than the national average.
- For those seniors who drive, Schaumburg is bisected by both I-90 and I-290. For public transportation, the city is located on the Metra commuter light rail line as well as the Chicago Transit Authority's Suburban Transit Access Route (STAR) system.
- There are many fun and interesting things to do in and around Schaumburg. These include the Chicago Athenaeum International Sculpture Park, the Wood Library/Museum of Anesthesiology, Spring Valley Nature Center and Heritage Farm and Boomer Stadium, the home of the Schaumburg Boomers minor league baseball team. Most Schaumburg events and attractions offer a senior discount, although the qualifying age varies.
Paying for Assisted Living in Schaumburg
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Illinois
Assisted Living costs in Schaumburg start around $4,840 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Schaumburg and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Schaumburg
Eligible senior residents of Schaumburg, Illinois will find a number of state and federal assistance programs to help them with the cost of assisted living. These include Choices for Care, the Illinois Supportive Living Program and Supplemental Security Income Category G.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Schaumburg
Schaumburg and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Schaumburg
Schaumburg-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Illinois are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page for more information about these laws.