Assisted Living in Palos Park
Sunrise of Palos Park12828 South LaGrange Road, Palos Park, IL
Peace Village10300 Village Circle Dr, Palos Park, IL
Autumn Green at Midway Village6700 S. Keating, Chicago, IL
Brookdale Burr Ridge6801 High Grove Blvd, Burr Ridge, IL
Brookdale Orland Park16051 S La Grange Road, Orland Park, IL
Prairie Green at Fay’s Point1546 West Water Street, Blue Island, IL
Victory Centre of Sierra Ridge4150 W. Gatling Boulevard, Country Club Hills, IL
Evergreen Senior Living - Orland Park10820 183Rd Street, Orland Park, IL
Bickford of Tinley Park17301 80th Avenue, Tinley Park, IL
The Pointe at Kilpatrick14230 S. Kilpatrick Avenue, Crestwood, IL
At A Glance
There are 19 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in Palos Park is $4,568 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Palos Park area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 31 reviews of assisted living communities in the Palos Park area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 19 assisted living communities in the Palos Park area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Palos Park
Palos Park is a village in Illinois located just outside of Chicago. The forest preserves that border the area on three sides makes it a vibrant green setting that contrasts heavily with the nearby metropolis. The town has long been known as a retreat, gaining attention in previous decades as a favored place for artists seeking solitude or beauty the city couldn't provide. Seniors can enjoy that same relaxing ambience today in two Palos Park assisted living facilities. These ALFs, like others in the state, are licensed by the Illinois Department of Health's Division of Assisted Living and provide both help with daily living as needed and active schedules to support socialization and mobility.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Palos Park
- Palos Park has a crime rate much lower than the national average, and certainly lower than nearby Chicago, making it an attractive location for Illinois seniors seeking security.
- The town is fairly expensive, with a cost of living higher than both the national and state averages. Housing accounts for much of that, so seniors will enjoy lower-than-average utility and goods and services costs.
- Palos Park does get some harsh winter weather, though seniors who don't like heat will enjoy the average annual high of 56 degrees F, which makes outdoor activities more pleasant during the summer.
- The Palos Park area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Palos Hospital and the nearby University of Chicago Medicine center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Cook County, where Palos Park is located, receives an F from the American Lung Association for air quality. While the forests around the town do help mitigate this issue, seniors with respiratory issues may want to take precautions such as room air filters.
- Illinois doesn't tax distributions from many retirement income sources, including IRAs and 401(k) plans or government disability or retirement plans, providing some savings seniors can use to cover the higher cost of living.
Paying for Assisted Living in Palos Park
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Illinois
Assisted Living costs in Palos Park start around $4,568 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Palos Park and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Palos Park
Qualified seniors in Palos Park may be able to receive assistance paying for ALF services under the Supportive Living Program, which is a state-sponsored alternative to Medicaid. The Pathways to Community Living program may also be able to assist seniors in paying for assisted living.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Palos Park
Palos Park and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Palos Park
Palos Park-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Illinois are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page for more information about these laws.