Assisted Living in Rexburg
Heritage Assisted Living of Rexburg3685 West Highway 33, Rexburg, ID
Homestead Assisted Living407 and 408 West Main, Rexburg, ID
Teton House555 South 3rd West, Rexburg, ID
Homestead Assisted Living Building 4408 W. Main Street, Rexburg, ID
The Gardens of Rigby Assisted Living and Memory Care140 Stockham Boulevard, Rigby, ID
Sage Grove Assisted Living Center290 North 4064 East, Rigby, ID
Homestead Assisted Living Centers - St Anthony610 North Bridge Street , Saint Anthony, ID
At A Glance
There are 7 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in Rexburg is $1,950 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Rexburg area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 7 reviews of assisted living communities in the Rexburg area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 7 assisted living communities in the Rexburg area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Rexburg
Located in the heart of Idaho, Rexburg's is the largest city in Madison County with just over 28,000 residents, yet people age 65 and over only make up 4.6 percent of the population. As such, Rexburg has four Assisted Living Facilities with three more in nearby cities. In Rexburg and all of Idaho, assisted living facilities (ALFs) are regulated and licensed by the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare and are defined as providers of supervision, personal care assistance, meals, and lodging for three or more residents who are not related to the owners of the facility.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Rexburg
- The cost of living index in Rexburg is 98.9, slightly lower than the national average of 100. However, it is higher than that of the state and of some nearby cities. Idaho's average cost of living index is 95; for comparison, Spokane, Washington, is 94.2.
- The violent crime rate in Rexburg is 24.9 per 100,000 people, as opposed to the nation's rate of 31.1. Property crime is 27.3 in the city, as compared to the U.S. average of 38.1, so seniors here may feel safer on day trips in town.
- The sales tax rate in Rexburg is 6.0 percent, the same as the national average. It is significantly lower than Spokane, which has an 8.7 percent sales tax rate. However, income tax rates in the city are higher at 7.4 percent, while the national average is 4.6 percent. In comparison, Spokane has no income tax rate.
- The air quality of Rexburg is 65, which is higher than the national average of 58. It is also much higher than the air quality of Spokane, which is 44.
- Rexburg gets an average of 206 sunny days each year, just one day more than the nation. The July high temperature is 84 degrees, making the warmer months pleasant. However, winter can be difficult for ALF residents not accustomed to the cold. Rexburg gets around 55 inches of snow per year, compared to the nation's 26. The January low temperature is 11, which can be challenging for seniors with respiratory problems.
- There are world-class medical services available in Rexburg. Madison Memorial Hospital in Rexburg offers a wide variety of services, including 24-hour emergency care. The Rexburg Medical Clinic provides primary care services.
Paying for Assisted Living in Rexburg
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Idaho
Assisted Living costs in Rexburg start around $1,950 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Rexburg and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Rexburg
The state of Idaho offers two programs that help residents pay for the cost of assisted living. The Medicaid State Plan Personal Care Option provides assistance for those who meet the criteria for the state's definition of medical necessity. The Medicaid Aged and Disabled 1915(c) Waiver program also helps pay for the cost of assisted living for those who qualify.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Idaho page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Idaho page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Rexburg
Rexburg and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Rexburg
Rexburg-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Idaho are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Idaho page for more information about these laws.