Assisted Living in Swainsboro
Retirement Inn414 WEST MAIN STREET, Swainsboro, GA
Summer Willow Assisted Living259 NUNEZ-LEXSY ROAD, Swainsboro, GA
Lakeside Rest Home924 CRUMP STREET, Swainsboro, GA
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Swainsboro area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 3 reviews of assisted living communities in the Swainsboro area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 3 assisted living communities in the Swainsboro area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Swainsboro
Swainsboro is a small city in Georgia located just to the north of Interstate 16 between Macon and Savannah. For those looking for an assisted living facility in the area, there are four facilities within the city limits and one nearby in Wadley. Regulated by the Georgia Department of Community Health, assisted living communities and personal care homes provide a variety of services for senior adults. Assisted living communities are homes with 25 or more patients, while personal care homes must have two or more.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Swainsboro
- Swainsboro tends to be hot and humid in the summer with July highs around 93 and mild in the winter with January lows around 36. The area rarely gets any snow but does get around 45 inches of rain throughout the year. This makes the city an excellent place for seniors who enjoy year-round outdoor activities.
- Based on the U.S. average of 100, the cost of living in Swainsboro is 80 which makes it an excellent place to live for seniors on a budget. The city also has a lower cost of living than most cities in the state which have an average of 93.
- Crime is a concern for most citizens living in Swainsboro. On a scale from one (low) to 100 (high), the city is ranked 90.6 for violent crime and 82.9 for property crime. The U.S. average for violent crime is 31.1 and 38.1 for property crime.
- Swainsboro and Jefferson County have a public transportation system called Jefferson Transit that provides discounted rides to seniors. Several senior centers, including the Emanuel Senior Center, also provide transportation services to senior citizens in the area.
- The Swainsboro area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Emanuel Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Swainsboro has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Emanuel County Center for Social Gerontology, an organization that seeks to make a positive difference in the lives of aging persons in the area, as well as six senior centers.
Paying for Assisted Living in Swainsboro
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Georgia
Assisted Living costs in Swainsboro start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Swainsboro and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Swainsboro
Seniors may receive financial assistance for paying for an assisted living community through two different programs with the state’s Medicaid Waiver program. This includes the Community Care Service Program and the Service Options Using Resources in a Community Environment. SOURCE offers assistance to frail and disabled seniors with chronic conditions. For private rooms, patients may supplement the assistance with family or personal funding.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Swainsboro
Swainsboro and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Swainsboro
Swainsboro-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Georgia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page for more information about these laws.