Assisted Living in Powder Springs
Bethel Gardens Assisted & Memory Care3805 Jackson Way Ext., Powder Springs, GA
Top Of The Line Residential Care Ii4712 Meadows Rd, Powder Springs, GA
The Heritage of Marietta1790 Powder Springs Rd, Marietta, GA
Cadence Marietta1345 Milford Church Road, Marietta, GA
Heritage of Brookstone5235 Stilesboro Rd Nw, Kennesaw, GA
Woodland Ridge Assisted Living & Memory Care4005 S Cobb Dr Se, Smyrna, GA
Aspen Village at Lost Mountain135 Hillside Trace, Dallas, GA
Atria Mableton3829 Floyd Road, Austell, GA
Kosta at Smyrna688 Hurt Road, Sw, Smyrna, GA
Brookdale Sweetwater Creek1600 Lee Road, Lithia Springs, GA
At A Glance
There are 37 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in Powder Springs is $2,750 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Powder Springs area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 11 reviews of assisted living communities in the Powder Springs area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 37 assisted living communities in the Powder Springs area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Powder Springs
Powder Springs is a lively small city just to the northwest of Atlanta. Approximately 10 percent of the city’s 15,052 population includes seniors over the age of 65. For assisted living, these seniors can choose from two facilities located within the city limits and 55 nearby.
There are two types of assisted living facilities in Powder Springs and the state of Georgia, including personal care homes and assisted living communities. Both are regulated by the Georgia Department of Community Health. Personal care homes have at least two individuals who require some degree of care, while assisted living communities house 25 or more and offer services like the administration of medication.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Powder Springs
- The cost of living in Powder Springs is 93.9 in comparison to the state’s average of 93. It is lower than the national average of 100, which makes Powder Springs an excellent place for seniors who are on a budget.
Crime in Powder Springs is ranked on a scale from one (low) to 100 (high). For property crime, Powder Springs is ranked 40.7, which compares to the national average of 38.1. Violent crime ranks 54.5 in comparison to the national average of 31.1. This may be a concern for seniors who enjoy exploring the city.
- Summers in Powder Springs are hot and humid with highs around 88 degrees. Winters are mild with January lows around 31. This makes the area ideal for seniors who like to get outside year-round.
- Powder Springs seniors may use the Cobb County Transportation System for rides to and from doctor’s appointments, shopping and various errands. Fixed routes also take seniors to grant-supported neighborhood senior centers.
- The Powder Springs area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Powder Springs Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Powder Springs has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Senior Citizen Council of Cobb County, an organization that holds fundraisers and hosts activities for seniors throughout the county, as well as one senior center.
Paying for Assisted Living in Powder Springs
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Georgia
Assisted Living costs in Powder Springs start around $2,750 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Powder Springs and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Powder Springs
Medicaid-eligible seniors in Powder Springs may receive assistance paying for a personal care home or assisted living community with one of the states’ waiver programs. The Community Care Services Program (CCSP) is available to seniors 60 and older who require some level of care. The SOURCE waiver is available to adults 65 or older or those under 65 who are physically disabled and require home-level nursing care.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Powder Springs
Powder Springs and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Powder Springs
Powder Springs-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Georgia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page for more information about these laws.