Assisted Living in Lithonia
Patron Place PCH1992 Sewing Circle, Lithonia, GA
Yellow Brick House6903 Main Street, Lithonia, GA
Sunshine Noel Personal Care Home 27411 Pleasant Hill Road, Lithonia, GA
Kada J'S Personal Care Home4921 Hamlet Ct, Lithonia, GA
Grosvenor Quality Care1222 S Stone Mountain Lith Rd, Lithonia, GA
Peaceful Living Personal Care Home4992 Needle Knob Ct, Lithonia, GA
Ov'S Personal Care Home4655 New Castle Circle, Lithonia, GA
Remington House1504 Renaissance Dr., Conyers, GA
Park Springs Health Services600 Springhouse Circle, Stone Mountain, GA
At A Glance
There are 43 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in Lithonia is $2,060 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Lithonia area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 15 reviews of assisted living communities in the Lithonia area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 43 assisted living communities in the Lithonia area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Lithonia
Lithonia, Ga., "The City Of Stone" is situated in eastern DeKalb County in the heart of a granite quarry. It is small town of under 2,000 residents yet has eight assisted living facilities to help aging seniors who can no longer complete daily tasks on their own. These facilities are regulated by the Georgia Department of Community Health and are defined by the state as those having 25 or more residents and offering assistance with activities of daily living like bathing, dressing and housekeeping.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Lithonia
- Crime, particularly theft and property crime, is an increasing problem in Lithonia, as it is in many other parts of Georgia. The crime rate in Stone Lithonia is 105 percent higher than the national average and the city is safer than just 6 percent of other American cities.
The State of Georgia Division of Aging Services provides a number of services for Lithonia residents age 60 and older, including meals, counseling and physical fitness programs. There are also two senior centers in Lithonia County.
- The Metropolitan Atlanta Regional Transit Authority (MARTA) provides regular bus service between Lithonia and points in Atlanta and Georgia Rapid Transit Authority (GRTA) provides bus service to downtown Atlanta from a park and ride lot in Lithonia. MARTA and GRTA offer discount (Breeze) cards to riders age 65 and older. In addition, the Dekalb Office of Aging offers point-to-point transportation to area seniors for non-emergency medical appointments.
- Lithonia, Georgia is home to world-class medical facilities, including Dekalb Medical at Hillandale and Kaiser Permanente Stonecrest Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Located just east of Atlanta, Lithonia is known for its warm summers and mild winters. The average high temperature in January is 53 degrees Fahrenheit and 89 degrees in July.
- The main attraction in and around Lithonia, Georgia is Stone Mountain Park, the most visited attraction in Georgia. In addition, the area is home to Arabia Mountain National Heritage Area and the Stone Mountain Museum. The majority of Lithonia events and attractions offer senior discounts, although the qualifying age varies.
Paying for Assisted Living in Lithonia
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Georgia
Assisted Living costs in Lithonia start around $2,060 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Lithonia and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Lithonia
Those in Georgia who need assistance with finance typically apply to the Community Care Service Program (CCSP), which is specifically for those who do not require a nursing-home level of care, but need extra help with the tasks of everyday life. For eligible Lithonia, Georgia seniors who need more intensive care, Service Options Using Resources in a Community Environment (SOURCE) is the next stage.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Lithonia
Lithonia and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Lithonia
Lithonia-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Georgia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page for more information about these laws.