Assisted Living in Fayetteville
Azalea Estates of Fayetteville105 Autumn Glen Circle, Fayetteville, GA
Gardens of Fayetteville1294 GA-54 , Fayetteville, GA
Ashley Glen Senior Living and Memory Care441 Prime Point, Peachtree City, GA
Hands that Care @ Park Ridge8204 Park Ridge Drive, Riverdale, GA
Caring Hands Assisted Living, LLC.1741 Hwy 138, Riverdale, GA
Arbor Terrace Peachtree City201 Crosstown Drive, Peachtree City, GA
Corner Stone Personal Care Home2083 Bethsaida Road, Riverdale, GA
Precious Touch Personal Care Home6631 Chason Woods Court, Jonesboro, GA
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Fayetteville area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 26 reviews of assisted living communities in the Fayetteville area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 12 assisted living communities in the Fayetteville area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Fayetteville
Located only 22 miles from Atlanta, Fayetteville, Ga. seniors can take a day trip to the big city or stay local to enjoy amenities like the outdoor amphitheatre. Residents age 65 and older make up just over 17 percent of the population and have 12 assisted living facilities in the Fayetteville area from which to choose. Two are located in the Fayetteville city limits, and 10 are in nearby areas, such as in Riverdale, Peachtree City and Jonesboro. These facilities support residents with tasks associated with daily living, such as eating and drinking, washing and getting dressed.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Fayetteville
- The average temperature in Fayetteville, GA is 90°F in the summer and 31°F in the winter. The long, hot summers are perfect for people who enjoy spending time outdoors, and with the average annual rainfall at 50 inches the weather is more than bearable.
- Fayetteville, GA has received an air quality index (AQI) rating of 36, or "good". Statistics are updated daily to keep residents aware of any changes that may be harmful to those suffering from respiratory illnesses.
- The cost of living in Fayetteville is 5 percent lower than the national average and 1.5 percent lower than the average for Georgia.
Social Security retirement benefits aren't taxed in Georgia, and anyone meeting the minimum age requirement of 64 or over benefits from a tax deduction of $65,000 on their retirement income.
- The Fayetteville, GA area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Piedmont Fayette Hospital and Summit Urgent Care, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Fayetteville has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Fayette Senior Services Life Enrichment Center, an organization that helps seniors stay active and lead meaningful social lives, as well as one other senior center.
Paying for Assisted Living in Fayetteville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Georgia
Assisted Living costs in Fayetteville start around $3,322 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Fayetteville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Fayetteville
Seniors living in the Fayetteville area can apply for funding from one of two Medicare Programs: to help cover various expenses: Service Options Using Resources in a Community Environment (SOURCE) and the Community Care Service Program (CCSP). However, these are only available to qualifying individuals, and they must need certain levels of care.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Fayetteville
Fayetteville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Fayetteville
Fayetteville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Georgia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page for more information about these laws.