Assisted Living in Canton
Brookdale Canton125 Riverstone Terrace, Canton, GA
Provident Village at Canton1100 Reinhardt College Pkwy, Canton, GA
The Waterford at Hidden Lake3100 Hidden Valley Drive, Canton, GA
Manor Lake BridgeMill131 Holly Street, Canton, GA
Cameron Hall - Canton240 Marietta Highway, Canton, GA
The Lodge at Bridgemill10451 Bells Ferry Road, Canton, GA
The Arbor at BridgeMill700 Freedom Blvd, Canton, GA
Senior Care of Canton220 Brick Mill Drive, Canton, GA
Brookdale Neese Rd Woodstock756 Neese Road, Woodstock, GA
Brookdale Woodstock1000 Professional Way, Woodstock, GA
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Canton area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 73 reviews of assisted living communities in the Canton area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 29 assisted living communities in the Canton area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Canton
Part of Cherokee County, Canton, Ga., is home to over 28,000 people — approximately 11 percent ages 65 and over. There are eight assisted living facilities in Canton and another 48 in the surrounding area These are all governed by the Georgia Department of Community Health. ALFs have to care for 25 or more patients, have a certified medication aide on staff to oversee the dispensing of medication and provide facilities for or assistance with bathing, eating, grooming and dressing. Other services may be offered at the facility's discretion.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Canton
- Canton has a cost of living rating of 107.6 with the national average being 100. This means the city is a more expensive place to live than most. The majority of this difference is in housing cost and shouldn't affect ALF residents.
- For crimes of all types, the crime rate in Canton is well below both the national average and that for the state. It is a community where people of all ages can feel safe and secure.
- The weather in Canton is mild though a little damp. Summer highs reach into the upper 80s and winter lows will drop just below the freezing mark. The city does get an occasional sprinkling of winter snow but the majority of the precipitation in the area is in the form of the 59 inches of rain the city receives each year.
- Canton has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Cherokee Senior Services, an organization that offers transportation assistance, group activities and educational opportunities for seniors as well as the Canton Senior Center.
- The Canton area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Northside Hospital and Piedmont Mountainside Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The city of Canton does have a fixed route bus line that operates Monday thru Friday from 8:00 am till 4:00 pm. Senior citizens ride for $0.60 and service animals are welcome. Canton is also home to National Taxi Service that is available on a call out bases 24 hours a day.
Paying for Assisted Living in Canton
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Georgia
Assisted Living costs in Canton start around $2,932 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Canton and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Canton
Financial assistance is available to help pay for assisted living facilities in Canton through two state-operated Medicaid programs: the Community Care Service Program (CCSP) and Service Options Using Resources in a Community Environment (SOURCE).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Canton
Canton and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Canton
Canton-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Georgia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page for more information about these laws.