Assisted Living in Sebring

12 Communities

Palms of Sebring

725 S. Pine Street, Sebring, FL
$$$$
Grandma: "Our visit at Palms of Sebring was very good; we were very impressed. The accommodations were nice.They had apartments, and also just rooms. The staff members that we met were all friendly, and the residents were up and about and busy all over. We had a meal there and the food was very good. Another thing I liked about this community is that they have four dining rooms; three of them serves three meals a day and the fourth one is open from 7:00 a.m. to 7 p.m. Some of the amen... (read more)

Maranatha Manor

54 MARANATHA BLVD., Sebring, FL
1 review
Shanesgurl1987: "Visiting this facility and working with the staff was my pleasure for the day. I was personally escorte to the patients room by a staff member. I was offered a drink and assistanc to get my patient up and out of the bed to do an assesment. I found the staff very helpful. The patient that I was there to see told me he was very happy with the care he recieved. While I was in the facility (30 minutes or so) the staff member that was caring for the patient that I was there to se... (read more)

Fairway Pines at Sun 'N Lake

5959 Sun N' Lake Blvd., Sebring, FL
$$$$
lovemyrodentia: "My Mother moved here last month from a nursing home because she had become "too high functioning". What that means is she got better. Her biggest complaint in the nursing home was the food. This place is much better. I even ate there myself last weekend. My Mother and I are probably best classified as "foodies". I do not care much for American food, its quite bland. The food i was served was very good. salted well. and handled correctly. The staff was a bit confused when I a... (read more)

The Manor at Lake Jackson

2301 U.S. 27 South, Sebring, FL
$$$$
Susan: "The Manor at Lake Jackson was a very beautiful place but was totally locked down. It's for people who are really mentally incapacitated. They had activities for the residents and were doing bingo in one room. They also had gardening and all sorts of group activities. They're inappropriate for my situation, but it's a wonderful place. They had nice rooms, and it was well designed, clean, and had everything you need. It's terrific."

Sunny Hills

3600 Commerce Center Drive, Sebring, FL
$$$$
Beverly: "We chose Sunny Hills for my mother-in-law because it's close to where I live. It's not bad. They're in the process of doing some renovations. They're going to redo the lobby area. The rooms are very adequate and the staff is overall good. She says the food is usually pretty good. They have activities and she participates in some of them."

Crown Pointe of Sebring

5005 Sun n Lake Blvd, Sebring, FL
$$$$
Grandma: "Crown Pointe of Sebring was alright. It's clean, and the place is attractive, although the grounds could use some work. The residents were either not visible, or very quiet. I think they stayed in their rooms and there weren't a lot of activities. They showed me what they call an apartment, but it's really a studio. It's one room with a divider that goes all the way to the ceiling between the bedroom and sitting room. They play bingo and there's an activities room, but there... (read more)

The Manor at Lake Jackson

2301 Us Highway 27 S, Sebring, FL
1 review
Shanesgurl1987: "Upon my visits to this facility, I saw many things. My first experience was positive. This old man was afraid of getting his bath his care giver sat down and actually asked him what she could do to make him more comfortble to get his bath. He then was put in a chair to get his bath instead of walking so his fear of falling in the bath was gone. Then I saw one man who appeared to not have had a bath in days, when I asked him how long it had been he said it had been two days. ... (read more)

Magnolia Retirement Home, Inc

149 MAGNOLIA AVENUE, Sebring, FL
1 review
BubbaSchwartz: "Numerous visits over several years confirm first impressions. Magnolia Retirement Home operates on a shoestring budget. Minimal, perhaps sub-minimal staffing, facilities maintenance, operations, resident health and welfare, food services, room upkeep, all-around operations are significantly below industry standards. Question is – where does the money go? Magnolia has a 56% occupancy rate. They make a case for being undercapitalized but that neither explains nor excuse... (read more)

Balmoral Assisted Living

93 Balmoral Dr, Lake Placid, FL
$$$$
Jacqueline: "We will be moving my dad into Balmoral. It is very clean. For what my dad can afford, I wish the room is larger but it serves its purpose. It is definitely the only thing we can afford, so that's great. The people are very nice. We are happy with it. The staff who assisted us was very helpful, friendly and easy to work with. They have all kinds of activities. They do game night, cards, bingo, and social night. They have lots of interactions. For the price, definitely, it is ... (read more)

Rosewood Senior Care Villas

517 U.S. 27, Lake Placid, FL
1 review
Caring91266450: "My mother-in-law was at Rosewood. The staff was really nice and considerate. The cleanliness and maintenance were superior. She had like a studio apartment, and it was superior, as were the food and dining facility. They had activities like ice cream socials. I would recommend them to others. "

Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Sebring area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.

• See more than 39 reviews of assisted living communities in the Sebring area from residents and their loved ones.
  • Browse our comprehensive directory of 12 assisted living communities in the Sebring area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.

What to Consider About Assisted Living in Sebring

Sebring, Florida, is the county seat of Highland County and is sometimes called "City on the Circle" thanks to Circle Drive in the Sebring Downtown Historic District. Seniors in the Sebring area can choose from 16 Assisted Living Facilities (ALFs) with eight in Sebring and another eight nearby. Florida was one of the first states to regulate ALFs and continues to do so under both the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA) and the Florida Department of Health (DOH).

Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Sebring

• The Sebring area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Florida Hospital Heartland Medical Center and Highlands Regional Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.

• Seniors with asthma or a respiratory illness can enjoy the clean air in Sebring. The American Lung Association gave Highlands County an A ranking for air quality declaring it safer for sensitive individuals.

• As Florida has no state income tax, retired seniors have extra money in the bank. Social security checks, pension IRA and 401(k) are all untaxed leaving money for savings, shopping, or a higher quality facility.

• The cost of living in Sebring is 12.7 percent higher than the national average. Seniors who are trying to save money might have to spend a bit more to live in this area.

• Crime in Sebring exceeds the U. S. average for violent crime (31.1 out of 100) with a score of 41.2. Property crime is even higher at 57.3 compared to the national average of 38.1.

• With an average 49 inches of rain per year and July highs of 92 degrees, some may find this city a little humid. The winters are mild with a January average low of 48 degrees and no annual snow, meaning seniors can enjoy the outdoors year-round.

Paying for Assisted Living in Sebring

$2,518.00 Winter Haven
$2,125.00 Lake Alfred
$1,997.00 Haines City
$1,800.00 Lake Placid

Assisted Living costs in Sebring start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.

It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Sebring and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.

Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Sebring

Seniors who need help paying for assisted living in Florida may be covered under the Statewide Managed Medicaid Care Long Term Care program, which has replaced all HCBS Medicaid waivers. For those seniors in need who are not eligible to receive Medicaid, there are six programs available they may qualify for.

Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.

More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living

• Veterans Benefits
  • Life Insurance Policy
  • Long-Term Care Insurance
  • Reverse Mortgage

For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.

Free Assisted Living Resources in Sebring

Sebring and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.

Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Sebring

Sebring-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.