Assisted Living in Saint Petersburg

45 Communities

Addington Place at College Harbor

4600 54th Avenue South, Saint Petersburg, FL
$$$$
SG: "The rooms were a little bit bigger in Addington Place at College Harbor and icluded a kitchenette with a stove. I thought the place was very nice and had an upscale setting, although it's not as new as the other place we saw. The staff was very nice, helpful and accommodating in showing us everything. They have a calendar of activities, have people come in, and also have a shuttle to take the residents to the store. The day we were there, they were setting up a big screen fo... (read more)
yrs

Brookdale Bay Pines

9797 Bay Pines Blvd, Saint Petersburg, FL
$$$$
Debbie: "We chose Brookdale Bay Pines for my father. It was convenient since they're across the street from the VA hospital, as well as centrally located from both my brother and me. I like the place, the amenities, the setup, and the people who work there. I like the room size, and the view of the courtyard he has from his room's bay window. It's a large room with a large bathroom. I liked how the facility is one big circle, so they can't get lost, and his room is not far from the d... (read more)

Brentwood at St. Pete

6280 Central Avenue, Saint Petersburg, FL
$$$$
Cathy: "Brentwood at St. Pete was a beautiful place. We liked everything about it. It was the nicest one I went to. The dining area was very lovely and the rooms were nice and clean. Everyone there looked like they really were enjoying themselves. It's very well run, very organized, and very clean. The staff was great."

Bloom at St. Petersburg

6775 40th Avenue North, Saint Petersburg, FL
$$$$
Cathy: "Bloom at St. Petersburg didn't know I was coming, so the chef gave me the tour. He was very nice and really good. There was no one else to give me the tour. It wasn't that clean, but it was a nice facility. It was a little cheaper, but it was not a place I wanted my mom to go. The dining area was clean, but kind of drab looking. I liked that it was gated and that it wasn't in a bad neighborhood either."

Alcove Assisted Living Facility

2801 4th Street North, Saint Petersburg, FL
$$$$
Our mission is to provide you with care and support at a time when you need it most. Here at the Alcove we promote and encourage our resident's to maintain their autonomy. We would love for you to consider Alcove as a stepping stone towards a more independent life. We would love the opportunity to provide you with a fun, warm welcoming atmosphere along with a loving, friendly staff that cares. Our services includes: 24 hour supervision Medical Doctors, Psychiatrist. O... (read more)

Azalea Manor

112 12th Avenue North, Saint Petersburg, FL
$$$$
Azalea Manor is a locally owned assisted living care home with 20 residents. Azalea Manor is located in a beautiful quiet neighborhood. We aim to provide the highest quality of care to all residents at all times by making them feel safe, secure and cared for by our team comprising of an experienced caregivers. We recognize and uphold the resident's bill of rights. We respect the dignity and unique worth of each resident. We maintain and promote quality of life by ensur... (read more)

The Fountains at Boca Ciega Bay

1255 Pasadena Avenue South, Saint Petersburg, FL
$$$$
Nancy: "I was happy with The Fountains. The staff was very friendly. I've eaten in the dining area, which was very nice, very pleasant, and the food was very good. They had a lot of activities going on and everybody was buzzing around, so you know it's a busy community. They had a movie theater where they show movies twice a day. They had a beauty shop and just about everything to take care of you."
yrs

Arbor Oaks at Tyrone

1701 68th Street, North, Saint Petersburg, FL
$$$$
CaringReviewer141033: "Arbor Oaks is on the small side, which is nice because you won't have a lot of walking to do. It looked very clean, quiet, and serene. There are lovely areas outside to walk around or sit in. I would have moved in there, but I couldn't afford it. They have a time table of buses or cars to pick them up every week, and take them shopping at local shops. They have outings, and concerts in the amphitheater during winter time. They serve three meals a day. The dining room looked ... (read more)

Westminster Shores

125 56TH AVENUE, SOUTH, Saint Petersburg, FL
$$$$
Harry: "Westminster Shores is fine. I’m getting therapy in the morning and in the afternoon, and this is where I’m living. I can’t walk, and I don’t participate in activities. I get three meals a day. They come and clean the room."

Masonic Home of Florida

3201 1ST STREET, N.E., Saint Petersburg, FL
$$$$
theoriginalaks: "The Masonic Home was clean, well run, prompt with answering questions and seemed dedicated towards the care of their residents. They were well staffed and fast to help. The Masonic Home seemed to offer numerous activities for residents as well as showing a dedication to making sure residents received any additional care they needed. The food was excellent and well prepared and service to rooms was fast and on time. The rates for non-masons were more than competitive and the ... (read more)

At A Glance

There are 45 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in Saint Petersburg is $2,442 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.

Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Saint Petersburg area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.

• See more than 146 reviews of assisted living communities in the Saint Petersburg area from residents and their loved ones.
  • Browse our comprehensive directory of 45 assisted living communities in the Saint Petersburg area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.

What to Consider About Assisted Living in Saint Petersburg

St. Petersburg, Florida, is the fifth-most populated city in the state and is known as the Sunshine City.  With an average of 361 days of sunny weather each year, it is an excellent retirement destination and option for assisted living. There are 33 assisted living facilities directly within the St. Petersburg city limits and an additional 26 ALFs nearby. In St. Petersburg, ALFs are defined by the Department of Elder Affairs as establishments that offer residential services in a homelike environment to dependent adults. The Florida Agency for Health Care Administration licenses ALFs in Florida into four separate categories, including mental health care and limited nursing services.

Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Saint Petersburg

• Other than the warm weather, another reason seniors choose assisted living in Florida is for the state's income tax cuts. In St. Petersburg and across the state, Social Security and pension income are exempt from taxation.  Seniors can spend less on taxes in St. Petersburg and more on costs associated with assisted living.

• Having been named American Style magazine's top mid-sized town for its vibrant arts scene, St. Petersburg offers seniors many cultural attractions. Venues such as The Museum of Fine Arts of St. Petersburg offer seniors discounted tickets.

• Public transit in St. Petersburg is provided by Pinellas Suncoast Transit Authority. Seniors qualify for more than half-off regular fare.  Additionally, a sightseeing trolley called the Looper provides transportation to downtown attractions for only 50 cents.

• Crime rates in St. Petersburg are unusually high. The city has the sixth-highest violent crime rate in all of Florida and is considered more dangerous than 93 percent of all other cities throughout the state. The high crime rates in the area should be considered by seniors who are contemplating moving to St. Petersburg.

• Because St. Petersburg is situated on the coast, seniors should be aware that the city is at risk for dangerous weather, including hurricanes and tropical storms

• The cost of living in St. Petersburg is more expensive overall than in Tampa. Seniors will find utility and health costs cheaper in St. Petersburg, but will find food, housing and transportation costs more expensive than in Tampa.

Paying for Assisted Living in Saint Petersburg

$2,505.00 Clearwater
$2,500.00 Largo
$2,475.00 Safety Harbor
$2,442.00 Saint Petersburg

Assisted Living costs in Saint Petersburg start around $2,442 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.

It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Saint Petersburg and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.

Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Saint Petersburg

In St. Petersburg, seniors looking for financial assistance for assisted living should turn to the Florida Statewide Medicaid Managed Care Long-Term Care Program. Additionally, Florida also funds certain ALF services under various restrictions through a statewide 1915(b)(c) MLTC program

Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.

More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living

• Veterans Benefits
  • Life Insurance Policy
  • Long-Term Care Insurance
  • Reverse Mortgage

For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.

Free Assisted Living Resources in Saint Petersburg

Saint Petersburg and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.

Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Saint Petersburg

Saint Petersburg-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.