Assisted Living in New Smyrna Beach
Tiffany On The River402 N. Riverside Drive, New Smyrna Beach, FL
Smyrna West Assisted Living Facility301 MILFORD PLACE, New Smyrna Beach, FL
Fairgreen Assisted Living Inc1150 WAYNE AVE, New Smyrna Beach, FL
Lexington Place301 S Myrtle Ave, New Smyrna Beach, FL
Brilliance Assisted Living699 N. Dixie Fwy, New Smyrna Beach, FL
New Smyrna Beach Assisted Living Facility5 Fairgreen Ave, New Smyrna Beach, FL
Coquina Cay Assisted Living117 Sweet Bay Avenue, New Smyrna Beach, FL
Little River Manor Inc532 North Riverside Dr, New Smyrna Beach, FL
CountrySide Lakes941 Village Trail, Port Orange, FL
At A Glance
There are 30 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in New Smyrna Beach is $4,000 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the New Smyrna Beach area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 21 reviews of assisted living communities in the New Smyrna Beach area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 30 assisted living communities in the New Smyrna Beach area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in New Smyrna Beach
In New Smyrna Beach, Florida, 34.6 percent of residents are ages 65 and over, making it a popular destination for retirement. Seniors in New Smyrna Beach have easy access to the sights and sounds of the Atlantic Ocean and soft, white sandy beaches. For those who need some help with activities of daily living, there are nine assisted living facilities located within New Smyrna Beach and 38 nearby in cities such as Daytona Beach, Port Orange, Edgewater and Holly Hill. Assisted living communities in New Smyrna Beach, and elsewhere in Florida, are regulated by the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA).
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in New Smyrna Beach
- Seasonably mild temperatures make New Smyrna Beach ideal for those who enjoy outdoor activities, although summers are hot and humid. The area receives approximately 12 inches more rain per year than an average U.S. city, but it doesn't snow. Summer highs are around 90 degrees, while winters rarely drop below 48.
- The New Smyrna Beach area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Florida Hospital New Smyrna, in the event of medical emergencies of illness.
- New Smyrna Beach has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Council on Aging, which offers low cost and free services, such as personal care, meal services, guardianship and senior activities, as well as three senior centers.
- The cost of living in New Smyrna Beach is significantly higher than other comparable cities around the country and within the state. This can make it tough for individuals on a budget to make ends meet.
- The violent crime rate in New Smyrna Beach is a bit worse than the U.S. average. The city also experiences considerably higher rates of crime than the surrounding areas.
- Seniors have several options for transportation in New Smyrna Beach. The NSB Flex is a call-first curb-to-curb service with limited stops in New Smyrna Beach. This paratransit vehicle seats up to 18 passengers, which makes it ideal for group trips.
Paying for Assisted Living in New Smyrna Beach
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in New Smyrna Beach start around $4,000 per month on average, which is on par with the average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in New Smyrna Beach and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in New Smyrna Beach
Eligible senior citizens in New Smyrna Beach may apply for financial assistance for an ALF through the state's Medicaid Care Long-Term Care program, which helps pay for customized care depending on the needs of the individual. The Assistive Care Services plan can also help with the costs of services at ALFs. Seniors may qualify for one or both of the programs.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in New Smyrna Beach
New Smyrna Beach and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in New Smyrna Beach
New Smyrna Beach-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.