149 Assisted Living Facilities in Lauderhill, FL
Pacifica Senior Living Forest Trace5500 NW 69th Avenue, Lauderhill, FL
2016, 2018, 2019
Lenox on the Lakes6700 West Commercial Boulevard, Lauderhill, FL
Life Care Center at Inverrary4300 ROCK ISLAND ROAD, Lauderhill, FL
Bridge at Inverrary (THE)4291 ROCK ISLAND RD, Lauderhill, FL
Best Retirement Center5605 N.W. 27th Court, Lauderhill, FL
VICTORIA'S RETIREMENT HOME2233 NW 56 AVENUE, Lauderhill, FL
Lauderhill Family Care Retirement5821 NW 28TH STREET, Lauderhill, FL
Shalom Manor2771 NORTHWEST 58TH TERRACE, Lauderhill, FL
Visiting Homemaker Services4291 Rock Island Rd. PO Box HH1, Lauderhill, FL
The Preserve at Palm Aire3701 West McNab Road, Pompano Beach, FL
Atria Willow Wood2855 West Commercial Blvd., Fort Lauderdale, FL
Brookdale Sunrise4201 Springtree Drive, Sunrise, FL
Presidential Place3880 S. Circle Dr, Hollywood, FL
Atria Tamarac7650 University Drive, Tamarac, FL
The Peninsula5100 W Hallandale Beach Blvd, Pembroke Park, FL
Joe’s Place at Fair Breeze5146 SW 90 Avenue, Cooper City, FL
Sonata Coconut Creek4175 West Sample Road, Coconut Creek, FL
HarborChase of Coral Springs2975 NW 99th Way, Coral Springs, FL
The Sheridan at Cooper City2580 Pine Island Road, Cooper City, FL
Spring Manor Assisted Living1780 NW 112th Terrace, Coral Springs, FL
At A Glance
There are 149 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in Lauderhill is $4,845 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Lauderhill area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 35 reviews of assisted living communities in the Lauderhill area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 149 assisted living communities in the Lauderhill area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Lauderhill
Lauderhill is located about 30 miles north of Miami and just to the west of Fort Lauderdale. There are nine assisted living facilities in Lauderhill, including one recent Caring Stars winner, and another 55 in neighboring areas.
There are several types of facilities throughout the state, and all provide meals. Standard homes are ideal for reasonably independent seniors, and they provide assistance with daily tasks such as getting dressed, taking a bath and moving around. Seniors who require medication administration or more significant health-related services can look into homes with a limited nursing services or extended congregate care license.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Lauderhill
- Crime in Lauderhill is a problem. The city's violent crime rate is more than double the state and national averages, and property crime is also significantly higher. Seniors looking for a safer environment may want to check nearby cities like Miramar.
- Summers are hot and humid with average highs around 90 degrees, and the winters are mild with lows dropping into the upper 50s. Seniors enjoy frequent sunny days for outings, but the area does receive 50 percent more rainfall than the average U.S. city.
- Broward County transit offers seniors reduced fares for its fixed-route bus system, and they provide door-to-door paratransit for eligible seniors who are unable to use the bus.
- The cost of living in Lauderhill is 12 percent lower than the national average, but that's due to the city's low housing costs. Health care, grocery and transportation expenses are all higher than the U.S. mean.
- Florida doesn't have a state income tax, and that includes retirement income such as 401(k)s, pensions and Federal SSI benefits. There is, however, a 6 percent sales tax on most purchases. Florida doesn't have inheritance or estate taxes, either.
- The American Lung Association gives Broward County, home to Lauderhill, an A grade for particle pollutants and a B for high-ozone days. Lauderhill's air quality shouldn't irritate the symptoms of respiratory conditions.
Paying for Assisted Living in Lauderhill
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Lauderhill start around $4,845 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Lauderhill and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Lauderhill
Florida has two programs that help seniors with the cost of services at assisted living facilities: Medicaid Long-Term Care and Assistive Care Services. These plans don't cover room and board, but Florida allows families to supplement those costs without impacting Medicaid eligibility.
The state also provides Optional State Supplementation (OSS) to seniors who live in assisted living communities and receive Federal SSI benefits.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Lauderhill
Lauderhill and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Lauderhill
Lauderhill-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.