79 Assisted Living Facilities in Aventura, FL
Also serving communities of North Miami Beach.
Sterling Aventura2777 NE 183rd ST, Aventura, FL
2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
Imperial Club Independent and Assisted Living Community2751 NE 183rd Street, Aventura, FL
Vi at Aventura19333 West Country Club Drive, Aventura, FL
The Plaza at Parksquare2940 NE 207th Street, Aventura, FL
Presidential Place3880 S. Circle Dr, Hollywood, FL
The Peninsula5100 W Hallandale Beach Blvd, Pembroke Park, FL
The Sheridan at Cooper City2580 Pine Island Road, Cooper City, FL
Douglas Gardens Hospice, Inc.5200 NE 2nd Ave, Miami, FL
Continual Care Facility9360 NW 20th Street, Pembroke Pines, FL
Hollywood Beach Retirement Home1722 Madison St, Hollywood, FL
Living by Faith Assisted Living Community905 NE 10th Street, Hallandale Beach, FL
Colonial Assisted Living at Miami1864 Northwest 175th Street, Miami Gardens, FL
South Oaks ALF6141 SW 34th Street, Miramar, FL
Victoria Villa Assisted Living5151 SW 61st Avenue, Davie, FL
Oceanside Senior Living1600 Taft Street, Hollywood, FL
Avalon Park Retirement Residence604 Nw 62Nd Ave, Hollywood, FL
Victorian Meadows ALF900 N 24th Avenue, Hollywood, FL
Hammond House5301 Mckinley Street, Hollywood, FL
Tender Touch Home Care Inc1801 Alcazar Drive, Miramar, FL
Normandy Estates7100 Rue Granville , Miami Beach, FL
At A Glance
There are 79 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in Aventura is $3,966 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Aventura area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 47 reviews of assisted living communities in the Aventura area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 79 assisted living communities in the Aventura area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Aventura
Aventura, a suburb of Miami, Florida, is known for the shopping center Aventura Mall and championship golf courses. There are three assisted living facilities (ALFs) located in Aventura and 56 nearby in Hollywood and Miami.
These ALFs are licensed by the Bureau of Health Facility Regulation of the state’s Agency for Health Care Administration. Under a standard license, ALFs in Florida provide a range of care and/or nursing services for one to several hundred residents in homelike, non-restrictive settings. They may be granted specialty licenses for additional, specific services other than routine personal care which are limited nursing services (LNS), extended congregate care (ECC) and limited mental health (LMH) services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Aventura
- In Florida, there is no tax levy on income, social security benefits, pensions, retirement account withdrawals and sales on groceries and medicine, making the state financially favorable for seniors and significantly compensating for Aventura’s relative high cost of living.
- Aventura has a higher crime rate than 91 percent of communities within Florida. This number pertains to the city’s non-violent property crime incidents such as burglary, larceny and vehicle theft.
- The planned community of Aventura is somewhat walkable and has a bike-sharing program to promote a healthy, environment-friendly way of mobility. Free rides with six routes around the city are offered by Aventura Express shuttle buses, and seniors 65+ enjoy discounted fares on Miami-Dade Transit’s Metrobus and Metrorail rides.
- The Aventura area is home to world-class medical facilities including Aventura Hospital and Medical Center and Chen Senior Medical Center in Mount Sinai Primary & Specialty Care Aventura in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Aventura has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Senior Support Services Division of the Jewish Community Services of South Florida, an organization that serves Jewish and broader communities throughout Miami-Dade County, giving aging residents free transportation, kosher meals, shopping assistance, counseling and other volunteer services.
Paying for Assisted Living in Aventura
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Aventura start around $3,966 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Aventura and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Aventura
Florida’s Medicaid program covers the ALF costs in Aventura for eligible seniors through either of the state’s Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) waivers for Assisted Care Services (ACS) or Long Term Care.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Aventura
Aventura and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Aventura
Aventura-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.