32 Assisted Living Facilities in Hartford County, CT

Atria Hamilton Heights

One Hamilton Heights Drive, West Hartford, CT
Robert Buchanan: "Would not recommend this place. No real concern for the elderly, money driven. They prey upon your "what's best for Mom" emotions and try to make it sound like they care. They don't. I feel this industry really needs to be more regulated. ... (read more)

2014, 2015, 2016

Brookdale Farmington

20 Devonwood Drive, Farmington, CT
Kee K: "Brookdale Farmington is affordable, but a little outdated. Communication is a little bit difficult, but the people are very friendly. Mom has an efficiency room located on the first floor that has grab bars. It is more accessible to the di... (read more)

River Ridge at Avon

101 Bickford Extension, Avon, CT
CB: "River Ridge at Avon was a lovely looking place, but it was outrageously expensive. The staff was lovely. The residents were getting ready for bingo at the time I was there."

2015

The Village at Buckland Court

432 Buckland Road, South Windsor, CT
Stanley: "My mother is living in The Village at Buckland Court. The place looks nice, and she likes it there. Everything has been good so far including the staff; we don't have complaints. She enjoys the activities. They had children come in doing s... (read more)

2016

Atria Greenridge Place

One Elizabeth Court, Rocky Hill, CT
Bob: "We liked Atria Greenridge very much. That would certainly be the one I would move my parents to. They had all kinds of activities. The dining area was very nice. There's nothing I didn't like."

Brookdale West Hartford

22 Simsbury Road, West Hartford, CT
Vernice315414: "Brookdale West Hartford is very nice. The staff is very good. They have quite a few activities, like bus rides, exercise, karaoke, and stuff like that. I do not want to move my relative because I am quite satisfied. The food is excellent. ... (read more)

Brookdale Chatfield

One Chatfield Drive, West Hartford, CT
Brookdale Chatfield provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to ... (read more)

Atria Glastonbury

1177 Hebron Avenue, Glastonbury, CT
resident466688: "My mom has been at Brookdale Mountain Laurel for three years now, but she doesn’t need a lot of the care that they provide. The price reflects how much they offer, and it’s about twice as much per month as the new place that she is moving ... (read more)

Brookdale Rocky Hill

60 Cold Spring Rd., Rocky Hill, CT
Charles: "My wife is in Brookdale Rocky Hill. We're pretty satisfied with everything right now. Her apartment is very good, has plenty of room, and is in excellent condition. The staff members are all very good as far as I can tell so far. The dinin... (read more)

Hoffman SummerWood Community

160 Simsbury Road , West Hartford, CT
Nancy G.: "A kosher cuisine was a must for my mom when I moved her up from Florida to be close to me, so I was very relieved to find that the only kosher facility in the area was also one of the most beautiful. My mom has been living at SummerWood f... (read more)

Brookdale South Windsor

1715 Ellington Road, South Windsor, CT
Sue314218: "Brookdale South Windsor was very nice and very clean and had a very friendly staff. The rooms were very nice and very adequate. "

The Hearth at Glastonbury

281 Western Blvd, Glastonbury, CT
Christopher Michael : "I visited this community looking at options for my parents. I was very impressed with the cleanliness and the overall aesthetic of the community, it was cozy and comfortable- new but not stuffy. I felt that my parents would really fit in a... (read more)
Special Promotion! Ends in 7 days

Victorian Gardens

122 E. Main Street, Plainville, CT
There really is no place like home. At Victorian Gardens, we strive to provide every resident with the most homelike environment possible. From little touches like the personalized designs by everyone's door to the friendly staff that doesn... (read more)

Middlewoods of Newington

2125 Main St, Newington, CT
Judith: "Middlewoods of Newington was very nice. The rooms were large enough so you wouldn't feel as though you were living in a box. You could set up a little living room area and a full bedroom area. It was clean and pleasant. The staff treated m... (read more)

2016

Mulberry Gardens of Southington

58 Mulberry Street, Plantsville, CT
Mulberry Gardens of Southington is conveniently located near the Yankee Expressway in Plantsville, Connecticut, just a short drive from Hayes Equestrian Center. The facility receives consistent praise for its warm atmosphere, excellent food... (read more)

2014

Suffield by the River

7 Canal Road, Suffield, CT
Wadad: "My daughter and her husband who live in CT convinced us to move from NY and to come to this place. We noticed that we made the right decision. It is a great place for the elderly. It is run by a very capable and organized lady; Celia who p... (read more)

2015

Seabury Meadows

100 Seabury Rd, Bloomfield, CT
Lois764678: "My mother was living in Seabury. It’s absolutely beautiful; there’s no doubt about it. It has everything. It has villas, apartments, senior living, and a memory center. The care was excellent. The food was excellent. They had a chef, and t... (read more)

Atria Farmington

111 Scott Swamp Road, Farmington, CT
Patty811351: "The Landing of Farmington was nice and brand-new but not for my parents. They had really nice amenities. I thought the activities should have been bigger and more inviting. They had a nice dining hall and a nice little area that overlooked... (read more)

Mclean

75 Great Pond Road, Simsbury, CT
Dick: "Mclean is good and my mother-in-law is very well taken care of. We do have a little bit of problem with the level of care where they make us pay more money through what they consider to be special care which we don't agree with. We also ha... (read more)

The Residence at Brookside

117 Simsbury Road, Avon, CT
CB: "The Residence at Brookside was lovely and brand new. The staff was very lovely. The rooms were postage stamp-size. They were so tiny, I could never live there. The 1-bedroom wasn’t any bigger either. The bedroom itself was so tiny. The foo... (read more)

At A Glance

There are 32 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in Hartford County is $4,444 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.

Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Hartford County area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.

• See more than 144 reviews of assisted living communities in the Hartford County area from residents and their loved ones.
  • Browse our comprehensive directory of 32 assisted living communities in the Hartford County area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.