Assisted Living in Danbury
Maplewood at Danbury22 Hospital Avenue, Danbury, CT
The Gardens8 Glen Hill Road, Danbury, CT
The Hearth at Southbury655 Main Street South, Southbury, CT
Spring Meadows Trumbull6949 Main Street, Trumbull, CT
The Village at Brookfield Common246A Federal Road, Brookfield, CT
The Greens at Cannondale435 Danbury Rd, Wilton, CT
Benchmark Senior Living at Ridgefield Crossings640 Danbury Road, Ridgefield, CT
Maplewood at Newtown166 Mount Pleasant Road, Newtown, CT
The Watermark at East Hill611 East Hill Road, Southbury, CT
The Plaza at Clover Lake838 Fair Street, Carmel, NY
At A Glance
There are 11 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in Danbury is $4,925 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Danbury area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 26 reviews of assisted living communities in the Danbury area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 11 assisted living communities in the Danbury area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Danbury
Assisted living in Connecticut is available through residential care homes (RCHs) and assisted living services agencies. Both types of housing provide help with personal care, medication, recreational activities and housekeeping. The primary difference is that an assisted living services agency also provides nursing services. Danbury features two facilities to choose from. Eight more facilities are located in nearby towns, including Brookfield, Wilton, Newtown and Southbury. The monthly average cost of AL in Connecticut is $4,563 which is above the national average of $3,750.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Danbury
- The climate in Danbury is somewhat mild for the northeast. The average low in January is 19 degrees Fahrenheit, while the average high in July is 85 degrees Fahrenheit. Danbury sees about 45 inches of snowfall per year. Its varied weather may be ideal for seniors who enjoy seasonal changes.
- The crime rate is higher in Danbury than the surrounding areas, such as Brookfield, but Danbury does rank safer than 51.5 percent of U.S. cities. Violent crime in the city occurs less often than the state and national averages.
- The cost of living in Danbury is higher than average for Connecticut and the U.S. for housing, utilities and transportation. The cost of healthcare is equal to the state average but higher than the national average.
- Sales tax and income tax rates are slightly higher in Danbury than the national averages. The sales tax rate is 6.4 percent, while the income tax rate is 5 percent.
- Seniors pay half fare with HARTransit, the public transportation system serving the greater Danbury region. The system includes fixed bus routes and shuttles with easy access to popular destinations, like the Danbury Fair Mall, shopping centers and medical facilities. Seniors with disabilities may be eligible for SweetHART door-to-door transportation.
- Danbury features a thriving arts and cultural atmosphere, including a garden club, a music center and musical theater, museums and public art installations. Assisted living facilities in the area support seniors by frequently participating in these off-site activities.
Paying for Assisted Living in Danbury
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Connecticut
Assisted Living costs in Danbury start around $4,925 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Danbury and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Danbury
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Connecticut page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Connecticut page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Danbury
Danbury and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Danbury
Danbury-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Connecticut are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Connecticut page for more information about these laws.