Assisted Living in Yorba Linda
Sunrise of Yorba Linda4792 Lakeview Avenue, Yorba Linda, CA
Brookdale Yorba Linda17803 Imperial Highway, Yorba Linda, CA
Agape Senior Living4821 Torida Way, Yorba Linda, CA
Senior Living Community For the Eastern Star In Ca16850 Bastanchury Road, Yorba Linda, CA
ActivCare at Yorba Linda4725 Valley View Avenue, Yorba Linda, CA
Good Hands Senior Care - Yorba Linda18568 Arbor Gate Lane, Yorba Linda, CA
Golden Years - Villa Grande4332 Villa Grande Drive, Yorba Linda, CA
New Horizon Board And Care5652 Club View Drive, Yorba Linda, CA
Sam'S Homecare18900 Seabiscuit Run, Yorba Linda, CA
Yorba Linda Senior Care Ii4442 Acorn Court, Yorba Linda, CA
At A Glance
There are 98 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in Yorba Linda is $3,599 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Yorba Linda area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 38 reviews of assisted living communities in the Yorba Linda area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 98 assisted living communities in the Yorba Linda area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Yorba Linda
This suburban city in Orange County deemed one of the “100 Best Places to Live” in the United States is approximately 40 miles from Downtown Los Angeles. Seniors, who make up more than 15 percent of the population, have several options for assisted living in the area. In California assisted living facilities are known as Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly, or RCFEs. There are 11 RCFEs in Yorba Linda and 52 in nearby towns that are licensed and regulated by the California Code of Regulations and the California Assisted Living Association.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Yorba Linda
- The cost of living in Yorba Linda is much higher than the rest of California. It is also more than double the cost of living in the rest of the United States. This could be of particular concern to those living on a fixed income.
- The crime rate in Yorba Linda is ideal for those looking for a safe place to live. It is one of the safest cities in California, with crime totals being 63 percent lower than the rest of the state.
- Yorba Linda has a wide array of transportation options available for senior citizens, such as The Senior Mobility Program/TRAILS. This program provides door-to-door transportation for seniors and those with disabilities and is maintained by the Orange County Transportation Authority.
- In spite of hot temperatures in the summer, the weather in Yorba Linda is ideal for those who love sun and warmth. It does not get too cold in the winter, which means that seniors can still enjoy time outdoors if they so choose.
- The air quality in Yorba Linda is very poor. It is 70 percent worse than the national average. This could be very problematic for seniors and others with respiratory illnesses or difficulties.
- The Yorba Linda area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Yorba Linda Medical Facility, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Yorba Linda
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Yorba Linda start around $3,599 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Yorba Linda and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Yorba Linda
Eligible seniors in Yorba Linda and the rest of California can apply for financial assistance for assisted living via programs like Medi-Cal (California Medicaid). Low-income individuals who prefer to live in an assisted living facility instead of a nursing home may also receive help through the Assisted Living Waiver Program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Yorba Linda
Yorba Linda and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Yorba Linda
Yorba Linda-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.