Assisted Living in Newhall
Pacifica Senior Living Santa Clarita24305 W Lyons Ave, Newhall, CA
Jennifer Home24401 Jennifer Place, Newhall, CA
Mary Jane's Home24352 Cheryl Kelton Place, Newhall, CA
Atria Santa Clarita24431 Lyons Avenue, Santa Clarita, CA
Oakmont of Santa Clarita28650 Newhall Ranch Road, Santa Clarita, CA
Sunrise at Sterling Canyon25815 McBean Parkway, Valencia, CA
Angel's Care Home23747 Via Gavola, Valencia, CA
Willowview Manor28728 Parkvale Drive, Saugus, CA
Aloras Home Care22833 Frisca Drive, Valencia, CA
Porter Ranch Garden11447 Porter Ranch Rd, Porter Ranch, CA
At A Glance
There are 26 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in Newhall is $3,298 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Newhall area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 28 reviews of assisted living communities in the Newhall area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 26 assisted living communities in the Newhall area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Newhall
Newhall is a community in Santa Clarita, which is in Los Angeles County, California. It is the oldest community in the city and is known for its rustic charm and eclectic shopping and dining. The city of Santa Clarita is home to a little more than 210,000 residents, and just under 12 percent of its population is over the age of 65.
In California, communities providing assisted living services to the elderly are known as Residential Care Facilities (RCFs). There are three RCFs located in Newhall and an additional 23 RCFs in surrounding areas such as Santa Clarita, Valencia and Sylmar.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Newhall
- There is plenty of arts and culture in Newhall for seniors to enjoy. Some RCFs may offer supervised day trips to the area's top attractions such as Hart Park or William S Hart Museum.
- Newhall's air quality is among the worst in the country according to the American Lung Association. Seniors with medical conditions that affect breathing may wish to consider assisted living options elsewhere.
- Newhall is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
- The Newhall area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Henry Mayo Newhall Hospital, in case of medical emergencies or illness.
- Even though California does not tax Social Security Income, other forms of retirement income are subject to income tax at full rates, which are among the highest in the country. Seniors on a budget should consider this before choosing to reside in Newhall.
- Seniors can feel safe living in Newhall and Santa Clarita knowing that crime rates are far below state averages. Violent crimes in the area occur at a rate of 1.89 per 1,000 residents each year, while California's average violent crime rate is much higher at 4.55 per 1,000 residents annually.
Paying for Assisted Living in Newhall
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Newhall start around $3,298 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Newhall and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Newhall
Seniors living in Newhall's RCFs can apply for help with the cost of services under California's 1915(c) Medicaid Assisted Living Waiver.
Those who are receiving Supplemental Security Income and require assistance paying for room and board can apply for an Optional State Supplement. Room and board costs are capped by the state for Medicaid eligible residents.
In California, family supplementation is not permitted.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Newhall
Newhall and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Newhall
Newhall-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.