45 Assisted Living Facilities in Murrieta, CA
Brookdale Murrieta24350 Jackson Avenue, Murrieta, CA
2014, 2015, 2016
Renaissance Village Murrieta24271 Jackson Avenue, Murrieta, CA
Murrieta Maples RCFE33850 Caraway Pl, Murrieta, CA
Copper Canyon Senior Care37225 Jerome Lane, Murrieta, CA
Lafayette Home Care 539396 Brighton Street, Murrieta, CA
Golden Oak Residential36190 Chittam Wood Place, Murrieta, CA
Lafayette Home Care 340534 Alondra Drive, Murrieta, CA
White's Love and Care Elderly Home #224068 Ristras Lane, Murrieta, CA
Lafayette Home Care 241138 Denian Court, Murrieta, CA
Spring Meadow Home Care23276 Spring Meadow Drive, Murrieta, CA
Providence Residential Care23595 Taft Court, Murrieta, CA
Better Life Assisted Living39296 Via Sonrisa, Murrieta, CA
Best Life Assisted Living33769 Salvia Lane, Murrieta, CA
Crown Manor28328 Sevilla Street, Murrieta, CA
Paradise Homes34156 Albacete Avenue, Murrieta, CA
A Heartfelt Home Ii42165 Patton, Murrieta, CA
Elderly Care Family Partners Murrieta37212 Edgemont Dr, Murrieta, CA
Mercy Home 237028 Running Spring Rd, Murrieta, CA
Pine Tree Cottage Rcfe39343 Half Moon Cir., Murrieta, CA
Silver Moon Assisted Living35681 Silverweed Road, Murrieta, CA
At A Glance
There are 45 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in Murrieta is $3,172 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Murrieta area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 41 reviews of assisted living communities in the Murrieta area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 45 assisted living communities in the Murrieta area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Murrieta
Located in southwestern Riverside County, Murrieta, California is a rapidly growing city with almost 12 percent of residents ages 65 and over. Aging adults looking for assisted living facilities in Murrieta will find 21 there and 37 in nearby cities. These facilities are licensed and regulated by the California Department of Social Services, Community Care Licensing Division.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Murrieta
- The cost of living in Murrieta is considered higher than the national average by 36 percent. It is lower than the state average by 16 percent, which makes it one of the more affordable cities for seniors with a limited income.
- The Murrieta area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Rancho Springs Medical Center, Loma Linda University Medical Center and Inland Valley Medical Center in the event of medical emergencies or illnesses.
- Murrieta residents experience some of the worse air quality conditions in the nation. The Air Quality Index (AQI) reports constant Ozone and particle pollutants due to pollen and wildfires. The city is ranked in the top 10 for worse air quality in three categories by the American Lung Association (ALC).
- Seniors can enjoy the mild year-round weather in Murrieta, with temperature lows averaging between 40 degrees to 60 degrees Fahrenheit. The warmest months, June through November, have an average high-temperature between 75 to 82 degrees Fahrenheit. The average high for winter averages between 68 to 73 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Murrieta is considered one of the safest places to live in the nation with a crime rate lower than 73 percent of California neighborhoods. Seniors can enjoy a evening walk, feeling safe, knowing the town has almost no violent crime rate.
- California is not tax-friendly and doesn't provide seniors with any tax-exemption on retirement income besides SSI. Murrieta residents have a 7.5 percent sales tax, which is lower than the 8.54 percent state average.
Paying for Assisted Living in Murrieta
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Murrieta start around $3,172 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Murrieta and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Murrieta
Eligible seniors can find financial assistance services in Murrieta through the Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) Assisted Living Waiver (ALW), Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and the optional state supplement (OSS).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Murrieta
Murrieta and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Murrieta
Murrieta-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.