295 Assisted Living Facilities in Menifee, CA
Also serving communities of Winchester.
Sunny Rose Glen29620 Bradley Road, Menifee, CA
Guiding Hands, RCFE29238 Glencoe Lane, Menifee, CA
Fairhill Court Elder Care31012 Fairhill Court, Menifee, CA
Eben Haven30792 Stone Creek Court, Menifee, CA
The Grand Chateau, LLC30021 Cheveley Park Street, Menifee, CA
Affordable Assisted Living28549 Heather Green Way, Menifee, CA
Comfort Senior Villa32841 Pitman Lane, Menifee, CA
Mission Commons10 Terracina Blvd, Redlands, CA
2015, 2016, 2018
Atria Park of Vintage Hills41780 Butterfield Stage Road, Temecula, CA
2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
Freedom Village23442 El Toro Road, Lake Forest, CA
Brookdale Grand Terrace22325 Barton Road, Grand Terrace, CA
The Village Assisted Living2400 West Acacia, Hemet, CA
Atria Menifee Valley28333 Valley Blvd., Sun City, CA
2014, 2015, 2016
Brookdale Magnolia737 Magnolia Avenue, Corona, CA
Welbrook Arlington7858 California Ave, Riverside, CA
Brookdale Riverside5881 El Palomino Drive, Jurupa Valley, CA
Pacifica Senior Living Hemet1177 South Palm Avenue, Hemet, CA
2014, 2016, 2017, 2019
Sunrise of Mission Viejo26151 Country Club Drive, Mission Viejo, CA
Estancia Del Sol2489 California Avenue, Corona, CA
Brookdale San Juan Capistrano31741 Rancho Viejo Rd., San Juan Capistrano, CA
At A Glance
There are 295 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in Menifee is $2,775 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Menifee area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 12 reviews of assisted living communities in the Menifee area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 295 assisted living communities in the Menifee area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Menifee
Assisted living facilities (ALFs) in Menifee, which is located in Southwestern Riverside County, have a monthly cost that is comparable to the $4,250 state average. All seven local communities and 53 nearby ones are licensed by the California Department of Social Services, Community Care Licensing Division. In California, ALFs are referred to as residential care facilities for the elderly (RCFEs).
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Menifee
- The cost of living in Menifee is less expensive than the state average by 18.7 percent but still costlier than the national average by 28 percent. Seniors living in California on a low or fixed income may find it more affordable to live in Menifee than the surrounding areas, with more moderate grocery and health expenses by 5.1 and 8 percent, respectively.
- California is not known for being tax-friendly, and it does not provide seniors with a tax-exemption on retirement income other than Social Security. Menifee residents have a combined 8.75 percent sales tax compared to the 6 percent national average and 8.54 percent state average.
- Residents in Menifee experience comfortable year-round temperatures, averaging between 50 to 77 degrees Fahrenheit. Low temperatures during the coldest months, November through March, rarely drop below 37 degrees. Seniors looking to enjoy an active lifestyle during the winter months can enjoy the convenient temperatures in Menifee.
- Menifee is not high on the list of safest places to live. It is ranked 24 out of 100, with 100 being the safest. Seniors do have comfort in knowing that violent crime rates per square mile are 44 percent lower than the state average.
- Seniors living in Menifee may frequently experience bad air quality warnings according to the U.S. air pollution monitors and the American Lung Association. The elevated levels of ozone and pollen pollution that persist can aggravate respiratory issues.
- Menifee has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Seniors Active & Fit Enrichment "SAFE" Program, an organization that provides seniors with engaging programs as well as the Kay Ceniceros Senior Center.
Paying for Assisted Living in Menifee
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Menifee start around $2,775 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Menifee and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Menifee
California Medi-Cal (Medicaid) supports an Assisted Living Waiver (ALW) for low-income, eligible individuals which may help pay for some costs of assisted living. The state also provides an optional state supplement (OSS) to SSI benefits that may be used for personal needs expenses.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Menifee
Menifee and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Menifee
Menifee-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.