61 Assisted Living Facilities in Lakeside, CA
Also serving communities of Alpine.
Chaparral Rose13653 Cuesta del Sol, Lakeside, CA
Island Grove Guest Home12624 Willow Road, Lakeside, CA
Lakeside Manor Elderly Care9308 Emerald Grove Ave, Lakeside, CA
Deer Hill Estates16916 Deer Hill Estates, Lakeside, CA
Sunshine Care Home11812 LAKESIDE AVENUE, Lakeside, CA
Jardine Family Home12060 Thistle Braes Terrace, Lakeside, CA
San Vicente Guest Home12355 San Vicente Ave, Lakeside, CA
Cal-Cris Lodge8944 Emerald Grove Avenue, Lakeside, CA
Lantern Crest Senior Living11010 Sunset Trail, Santee, CA
Grossmont Gardens5480 Marengo Avenue, La Mesa, CA
The Montera5740 Lake Murray Blvd, La Mesa, CA
Parkway Gardens Retirement Care Home660 Van Houten Avenue, El Cajon, CA
Lo-Har Senior Living768 Dorothy Street, El Cajon, CA
Shaded Arbor Groveland Terrace1412 Groveland Terrace, El Cajon, CA
Lake Murray Healthcare Center7867 Lake Andrita Avenue, San Diego, CA
Bosworth Gardens1340 Bosworth St, El Cajon, CA
Bosworth Gardens II793 Wichita Avenue, El Cajon, CA
Mount Helix Care Home10030 Grandview Drive, La Mesa, CA
Caring Corner Independent Living431 Graves Avenue, El Cajon, CA
Reina's Residential Care9290 Murray Drive, La Mesa, CA
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Lakeside area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 15 reviews of assisted living communities in the Lakeside area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 61 assisted living communities in the Lakeside area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Lakeside
Lakeside is a beautiful waterfront area located in San Diego County, California. It's home to several beautiful lakes and parks including Santee Lakes and Lindo Lake County Park. There are approximately 20,000 residents in Lakeside, and 13.9 percent of them are over the age of 65. Eight Residential Care Facilities are located in Lakeside which offer assisted living to the area's senior population. Another 55 RCFs are located in nearby areas such as Santee, El Cajon and San Diego.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Lakeside
- Although Lakeside's cost of living is high at 61.8 percent above the U.S. average, seniors living in the area may find that they are able to save money on expenses such as healthcare, which is 15 percent below the national average.
- Seniors in Lakeside will love the year-round climate that the area has to offer. With only 14 inches of precipitation on average each year, as well as average July high temperatures of 88 degrees and average January lows of 42 degrees, seniors can enjoy spending time outdoors year-round. By comparison, the national average precipitation is 65 inches annually, with average July highs of 86.1 degrees and January lows of 22.6 degrees.
- San Diego County is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
- The San Diego County area, including Lakeside, has been ranked among the top ten areas with the worst air quality in the country by the American Lung Association. Seniors with breathing problems and lung-related medical issues may find these problems worsening if they choose to reside in the Lakeside area.
- Lakeside has no facilities to choose from in the event of medical emergencies or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in La Mesa.
- Seniors have no safe public transportation options in Lakeside. However, some RCFs may offer shuttle services to residents.
Paying for Assisted Living in Lakeside
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Lakeside start around $3,250 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Lakeside and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Lakeside
Seniors living in an RCF in Lakeside can apply for financial assistance under a 1915(c) Medicaid Assisted Living Waiver, which is intended to help seniors pay for the cost of services provided to them in assisted living.
Supplemental Security Income (SSI) recipients in California may apply for an Optional State Supplement to help them pay for the cost of room and board expenses when living in an RCF. These expenses are capped by the state for residents who receive SSI.
Family supplementation is not permitted in California.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Lakeside
Lakeside and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Lakeside
Lakeside-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.