Assisted Living in Humboldt County

10 Communities

Alder Bay Assisted Living

1355 Myrtle Ave, Eureka, CA
$$$$
Ella: "At this point, Alder Bay Assisted Living seems to be the one that would be best for me. I'd pick them if I have to go into assisted living. The people that live there seemed nice. The apartments were very nice. If people wanted, they could have a small kitchenette in their apartment. I did not meet the staff other than the nice lady who took me around."

Brookdale Fortuna

2401 Redwood Way, Fortuna, CA
$$$$
Jason: "Brookdale Fortuna was a really nice facility. My mom has friends that stayed there before and they thought it was very nice. It had nice accommodations and the caregivers were excellent. You could have a medical bed or whatever else you need. All you need to do is ask."

Timber Ridge at McKinleyville

1400 Nursery Road, Mckinleyville, CA
$$$$
matt hinton: "just fine food is plentiful with variety and snacks available at all time facility is clean and well maintained. staff are all pleasant and efficient and seem to enjoy their jobs. frequent off campus activities including shopping, boat rides, trips to local restaurants, lots of in houyse stuff too exercise classes yoga and tai chi, happy hours, not inexpensive but value for my money "
yr

Timber Ridge of Eureka

2740 Timber Ridge Lane, Eureka, CA
$$$$
drollere: "My mother and father moved to this Eureka, CA facility last summer and I visited for a week to observe their care. The building is new, furnishings are clean, rooms are individually decorated and the grounds well kept; the dining room is large and the cuisine, though institutional, is quite good and new menus are created every week. A variety of in house activities and organized trips for shopping and recreation are available. The maintenance, health care, food service and a... (read more)

Riverhouse Assisted Living

510 Painter Street, Rio Dell, CA
1 review
Denise56: "River House is a small home-like assisted living facility located in Rio Dell in Northern California which is about 5 hours north of San Francisco. When I was looking for a place for Mom to move into. I was looking for certain qualities. I wanted a place that didn't feel like an institution, a place that would let her bring in her own items including her computer and television, a place where there was a family-like atmosphere. I fell in love with River House immediately ... (read more)

Frye's Care Home

2240 FERN AVENUE, Eureka, CA
$$$$
Lynn234648: "My parents are in Frye's Care Home. It is excellent. The room is very nice and clean. The service and food are very good. The staff is very attentive. They have a piano and accordion player and holiday family activities, like barbecues. The price is high, but a lot of community members compliment the place. I have a lot of good referrals and reviews from friends and families. "

Especially You

12 Henderson Street,, Eureka, CA
1 review
Lucile: "I chose Especially You Assisted Living for my mom because it is small, personal and home like. It doesn't feel like an institution. The rooms are mostly double occupancy and it is spacious enough. They have their own bathroom. They have a living area with TV and a dining room. It is very much like a very large house. I also like the people there. They are very good. The problems that I had, I've been able to approach them and talk with them and change whatever they are doing... (read more)

Humboldt House Lodge Assisted Living

4041 F Street, Eureka, CA
1 review
Linda: "Humboldt House Lodge is new, very clean, and very well cared for. It's a small house, so we do not have a lot of activities going on here. We have an extensive video library and do movie night and puzzles. We have a bus that takes us around town. The staff is great, but the food needs improvement."

Ladies Choice - Fortuna

456 10Th Street, Fortuna, CA

New Choices

3310 Kenmar Road, Fortuna, CA
$$$$

Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Humboldt County area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.

• See more than 42 reviews of assisted living communities in the Humboldt County area from residents and their loved ones.
  • Browse our comprehensive directory of 10 assisted living communities in the Humboldt County area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.