Assisted Living in Dinuba
St Michael's RCFE550 N. LILLIE AVE., Dinuba, CA
Dinuba Guest Home333 N. L STREET, Dinuba, CA
Palm Village Retirement Community703 West Herbert Avenue, Reedley, CA
Sierra View Homes, Inc1155 E. SPRINGFIELD, Reedley, CA
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Dinuba area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 2 reviews of assisted living communities in the Dinuba area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 4 assisted living communities in the Dinuba area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Dinuba
Located in Tulare County, the average age in Dinuba is 28, which is 23 percent lower than the rest of California. In Dinuba and the rest of California, assisted living facilities (ALF) are known as Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly, or RCFEs and are regulated by the California Code of Regulations as well as the California Assisted Living Association (CALA). There are six assisted living facilities in the Dinuba area, with two of these facilities located in Dinuba itself. and four others in nearby cities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Dinuba
- The cost of living in Dinuba, California is 104 on the Cost of Living Index, slightly higher than the national average of 100. It is several points lower than the state median (138), however, meaning that it is more affordable than some neighboring towns.
- The crime rate in Dinuba is very high. It is higher than both the national average and the state average, making safety a possible concern for seniors and their families.
- The Dinuba area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Dinuba Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The weather in Dinuba rarely dips below 60 degrees Fahrenheit during the day for most of the year. In the summer, temperatures often reach close to 100 degrees, which can be hazardous to seniors' health in the case of prolonged exposure.
- The air quality in Dinuba is 48 percent worse than the national average, but it is 55 percent better in terms of the pollution index. This means that there is less pollution present in the air, which is great news in a heavily polluted state such as California. Air quality can be of great concern to seniors, especially those with lung/respiratory conditions.
- When it comes to arts and culture, Dinuba has plenty of options for seniors looking to expand their horizons. It has art exhibits, theaters, and cooking classes, as well as senior centers where seniors can take classes and spend time with their peers.
Paying for Assisted Living in Dinuba
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Dinuba start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Dinuba and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Dinuba
Eligible seniors can apply for financial assistance for assisted living via programs like Medi-Cal, a.k.a. California Medicaid. Low-income individuals who prefer to live in an assisted living facility rather than living in a nursing home may also receive help through the Assisted Living Waiver Program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Dinuba
Dinuba and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Dinuba
Dinuba-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.