Assisted Living in Davis
Atria Covell Gardens1111 Alvarado Avenue, Davis, CA
Carlton Senior Living Davis2726 5th Street, Davis, CA
University Retirement Community1515 Shasta Drive, Davis, CA
Pine Tree Gardens West607 11Th Street, Davis, CA
Resort At Spanish Bay, The39374 Spanish Bay Place, Davis, CA
Eldervilla1301 Homewood Drive, Woodland, CA
At A Glance
There are 6 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in Davis is $4,147 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Davis area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 22 reviews of assisted living communities in the Davis area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 6 assisted living communities in the Davis area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Davis
Davis is a college town that's about halfway between the state capital of Sacramento and the San Francisco Bay Area. Out of a population of almost 69,000, 10 percent are ages 65 and over. The city is home to 35 assisted living communities, plus a much larger number of small residential care facilities. California's Department of Social Services regulates these properties through its Senior Care Licensing division, which strives to ensure a high quality of care and maximum independence for all seniors in residential care settings. Residents in Davis's care homes can expect room and board included in their monthly payments, plus trained staff response to emergencies and assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs), such as bathing and dressing.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Davis
- Davis enjoys some of the best of both Central Valley and Bay Area weather. Daily highs here average 74 degrees Fahrenheit, while lows average 48 degrees. The city and the surrounding farmland enjoy 20 inches of rain in a typical year.
- Residents of Davis, CA, pay 8.25-percent sales tax on most purchases. That's on top of California's 10.8-percent income tax, which affects most types of income. SSI and some retirement income are exempt, but it's best to check with a financial planner to be sure about your own retirement plan.
Vandalism and other property-related offenses are somewhat higher than the national average, while crimes against people and violent crimes are relatively low compared to the national average.
- Davis has an extensive public transportation service, Unitrans, which operates throughout the city and seems to have stops on every block in the more populous areas.
- UC Davis has a world-renowned arts program, and unsurprisingly the city is filled with art and music. Numerous galleries, such as the Pence Gallery, compete for attention with the regular, impromptu public art shows that seem to break out here at the drop of a hat.
- Healthcare in Davis is largely delivered, in a hospital setting at least, at the massive Sutter Davis Hospital to the west of town. This low, squat facility occupies several acres by itself and has such modern amenities that a visit to the inpatient center feels like a trip aboard a starship.
Paying for Assisted Living in Davis
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Davis start around $4,147 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Davis and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Davis
In Davis and all of California, seniors may qualify for the Assisted Living Waiver through the state Medicaid program called Medi-Cal.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Davis
Davis and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Davis
Davis-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.