Assisted Living in Carson
Carson Senior Assisted Living345 E. Carson Street, Carson, CA
Harmony Home Care1318 215th Street,, Carson, CA
South Bay Residential Home430 W 214th Street, Carson, Carson, CA
Amazing Paradise Home Care312 West 229Th Street, Carson, CA
A Sunnyday Guest Home411 W. 226Th Street, Carson, CA
Stevens Adult Homes1857 E Abbottson St, Carson, CA
Vista Del Mar Senior Living3360 Magnolia Avenue, Long Beach, CA
Clearwater at South Bay3210 W. Sepulveda Blvd., Torrance, CA
Belmont Village Rancho Palos Verdes5701 Crestridge Road, Rancho Palos Verdes, CA
Sunrise of Hermosa Beach1837 Pacific Coast Highway, Hermosa Beach, CA
At A Glance
There are 104 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in Carson is $2,766 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Carson area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 25 reviews of assisted living communities in the Carson area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 104 assisted living communities in the Carson area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Carson
Carson is located in Los Angeles County in close proximity to the Los Angeles International Airport. Seniors interested in finding assisted living communities in this area will find six located in Carson and 52 in surrounding areas such as of Torrance Harbour City, Redondo Beach and Long Beach. In Carson, as well as throughout the state of California, facilities providing assisted living services to the elderly are known as Residential Care Facilities (RCFs). They are licensed and regulated to ensure strict safety and care standards.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Carson
- Carson's climate is much warmer in the wintertime than many other cities in the U.S. in January, Carson sees an average temperature of 47.9 degrees while the U.S. average is only 22.6 degrees. Summer months see a more comfortable average of about 79 degrees, while many the national average is slightly warmer at 86.1 degrees. Seniors who are sensitive to extreme heat and cold will find the weather in Carson to be very comfortable.
- The Carson area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Harbor-UCLA Medical Center, in case of medical emergencies or illness.
- The state of California is senior-friendly when it comes to income tax. Taxes aren't deducted from social security income, meaning seniors have more available funds to help pay for the cost of assisted living.
Carson Circuit provides safe bus routes throughout the city, as well as dial-a-ride services. Senior citizens ride public bus routes for free.
- When compared with the rest of California and the U.S. national average, Carson has a high rate of violent crimes. In Carson, 5.56 violent crimes are reported yearly for every 1,000 residents, while in the state of California only 4.45 are reported. Both of these numbers are above the national average of 4 reported violent crimes for every 1,000 residents. Vulnerable seniors may prefer to consider a safer location.
- Although Carson's overall cost of living is 42.4 percent higher than the U.S. average, seniors in the city will save on health care expenses, which are 7 percent lower than the U.S. average cost.
Paying for Assisted Living in Carson
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Carson start around $2,766 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Carson and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Carson
Eligible seniors in California can receive assistance paying for the cost of services in residential care facilities under the Medicaid 1915(c) Assisted Living Waiver. If they require further assistance with the cost of room and aboard, an optional supplement (OSS) to Supplemental Security Income (SSI) is available and can be applied for as well. Seniors receiving Medicaid may not be charged room and board fees that exceed their combined OSS and SSI less a personal needs allowance of $131 monthly.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Carson
Carson and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Carson
Carson-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.