Assisted Living in Cameron Park
Eskaton Lodge Cameron Park3421 Palmer Drive, Cameron Park, CA
Ponte Palmero3081 Ponte Morino Drive, Cameron Park, CA
New West Haven2551 Cameo Lane, Cameron Park, CA
Larc's Care Home3488 La Canada Drive, Cameron Park, CA
Pine Tree Villa3353 CIMMARRON ROAD, Cameron Park, CA
Brookdale Folsom780 Harrington Way, Folsom, CA
Hidden Lake Care Home8405 Acorn Drive, Granite Bay, CA
Oakmont of Folsom1574 Creekside Drive, Folsom, CA
Paradise Living7623 Mooney Road, Granite Bay, CA
Lake View Residential Care2932 Aberdeen Lane, El Dorado Hills, CA
At A Glance
There are 28 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in Cameron Park is $3,545 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Cameron Park area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 52 reviews of assisted living communities in the Cameron Park area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 28 assisted living communities in the Cameron Park area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Cameron Park
Cameron Park is located in Sacramento, California. Sacramento is the state capital of California. It is known to be one of the most historic cities in California and is rich in museums and beautiful parks that seniors living in the area can enjoy. The area is home to a little more than 18,000 residents, 17 percent of whom are over the age of 65. Assisted living facilities in California are officially known as Residential Care Facilities (RCFs), and in the Cameron Park area, there are a total of 62 RCFs. Five RCFs are located right in Cameron Park, and the remaining 57 are in nearby areas such as Folsom and El Dorado.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Cameron Park
- Cameron Park has a comfortable year-round climate. With an average yearly snowfall of only one inch and an average rainfall of 34 inches, precipitation is minimal when compared with national averages of 26 inches of snow and 39 inches of rain. Seniors who enjoy being outdoors can spend more time each year taking part in outdoor activities such as walking and gardening.
- Seniors on a budget may find the cost of living in Cameron Park unaffordable. The overall cost of living is 64.6 percent above the national average. However, the cost of healthcare in Cameron Park is 13 percent below the national average.
- Seniors living in Cameron Hills have safe transportation options. El Dorado Transit offers routes throughout Cameron Hills and El Dorado with connecting routes into Sacramento.
- The Cameron Park Area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Marshall Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The state of California exempts social security income from taxes, meaning that seniors living in Cameron Park may have more cash on hand that can be used to pay for assisted living.
- Cameron Park has an array of community resources for seniors, including Cameron Park Community Services District Seniors Lunches, which gives seniors the opportunity to come together during weekdays to enjoy a nutritious meal together, as well as three senior centers.
Paying for Assisted Living in Cameron Park
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Cameron Park start around $3,545 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Cameron Park and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Cameron Park
A 1915(c) Medicaid Assisted Living Waiver is available to help eligible seniors pay for the cost of services in RCFs in Cameron Park.
Seniors in California who receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI) can apply for an Optional State Supplement to assist them in paying for room and board expenses. The state caps room and board charges for seniors who receive SSI.
Family supplementation is not allowed in California.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Cameron Park
Cameron Park and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Cameron Park
Cameron Park-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.