7 Assisted Living Facilities in Fayetteville, AR
Also serving communities of Farmington.
BrookStone Assisted Living415 E Longview, Fayetteville, AR
Katherine's Place at Wedington4405 W Persimmon St, Fayetteville, AR
Morningside of Fayetteville4461 N Crossover Rd, , Fayetteville, AR
Morningside of Springdale672 Jones Road, Springdale, AR
Providence Assisted Living2175 Orchard Street, Springdale, AR
Peachtree Village at Farmington55 West Rainsong Street, Farmington, AR
Elite Home Health of Springdale2860 W. Walnut, Springdale, AR
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Fayetteville area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 12 reviews of assisted living communities in the Fayetteville area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 7 assisted living communities in the Fayetteville area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Fayetteville
Fayetteville, Arkansas, is located in the Ozarks and is home to the University of Arkansas, Walton Arts Center and the Northwest Arkansas Razorback Regional Greenway, a 36-mile-long trail. Seniors here make up 9 percent of the population and have three assisted living facilities from which to choose in Fayetteville and four in the surrounding areas.
Assisted living facilities (ALFs) in Arkansas are defined as communities that provide activities of daily living services to residents 24 hours a day. Facilities are classified as level I or II and are governed by The Arkansas Department of Human Services, Division of Medical Services, Office of Long Term Care.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Fayetteville
- Fayetteville is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
- The cost of living in Fayetteville is 8.60 percent lower than the national average, making it a nice choice for seniors on a limited income.
- Fayetteville has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Fayetteville Senior Center, an organization that provides a space for seniors to socialize and join group activities or shopping trips in addition to two more senior centers in the area.
- At 36.2, violent crime in this city is slightly higher than the national average of 31.1. With a score of 50, compared to the average 38.1, property crime could be a concern for some seniors and their families.
- The Fayetteville area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Washington Regional Medical Center and Washington Regional Urgent Care in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Fayetteville is located in Washington County, which received an A grade from the American Lung Association for its air quality, making it a good fit for seniors with respiratory concerns.
Paying for Assisted Living in Fayetteville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Arkansas
Assisted Living costs in Fayetteville start around $2,990 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Fayetteville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Fayetteville
Eligible seniors in Arkansas are covered by Medicaid if they need aid paying for an ALF. The Personal Care Program and two waiver programs: the DAAS ElderChoices Waiver and the Living Choices Assisted Living Waiver help seniors with Medicaid coverage who need help with Activities of Daily Living (ADLs). Arkansas assistance programs are all funded by the state.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Arkansas page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Arkansas page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Fayetteville
Fayetteville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Fayetteville
Fayetteville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Arkansas are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Arkansas page for more information about these laws.