Assisted Living in Conway
Brookdale Conway1160 Hogan Lane, Conway, AR
College Square Retirement Community2421 College Ave, Conway, AR
Southridge Village1306 South Donaghey,, Conway, AR
Village Park of Conway, Inc.1622 Scott Street,, Conway, AR
At A Glance
There are 4 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in Conway is $3,715 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Conway area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 17 reviews of assisted living communities in the Conway area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 4 assisted living communities in the Conway area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Conway
Located 30 miles from Little Rock, Conway, Arkansas, offers seniors many natural amenities, such as Lake Conway, Beaverfork Lake, Toad Suck Park and Cadron Settlement Park. Indoor fun includes the Arkansas Shakespeare Theatre and the Baum Gallery. Seniors looking for assisted living in Conway can choose from the four in Conway or 12 nearby.
Assisted living facilities in Conway are divided into two categories, Level I and Level II, which vary according the number of residents and level of care. Residential Care Facilities are managed by the Arkansas Department of Human Services, Division of Medical Services, Office of Long Term Care.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Conway
- The cost of living in Conway is around 22-percent lower than the national average. It is one of the most inexpensive towns to live, with housing and health care being rated some of the lowest versus the national average.
Air quality in Conway, historically, is better than most other places in the world. Minimal ozone and particle pollution hinder the lives of seniors here, which makes it retirement-friendly.
- The Conway area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Conway Regional Health System, Conway Behavioral Health Hospital, Sr. Vincent Medical Clinic Conway, PrimeCARE Medical Clinic, Arkansas Urology, Sherwood Urgent Care - Conway and Conway Regional Health & Fitness Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Long, cold winters with an average low of 49-degrees Fahrenheit can make it difficult for seniors to travel around, especially with high snowfalls. Summers are often warm, with the high temperature averaging around 72-degrees Fahrenheit.
- Conway has one of the highest violent and property crime rates in the nation. This continues to grow every year, with violent crime being more predominate than property crimes.
- The city of Conway has a list of recreational activities for seniors to enjoy, which includes Cadron Settlement Park, Pickles Gap Village, Baum Gallery at Uca and even the Conway Dinner Theater.
Paying for Assisted Living in Conway
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Arkansas
Assisted Living costs in Conway start around $2,750 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Conway and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Conway
Eligible seniors seeking financial assistance for assisted living in Conway have several options through the Medicaid State Plan: 1915(c) Home & Community-Based Waiver.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Arkansas page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Arkansas page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Conway
Conway and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Conway
Conway-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Arkansas are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Arkansas page for more information about these laws.