Assisted Living in Sierra Vista
Prestige Assisted Living at Sierra Vista4400 Avenida Cochise, Sierra Vista, AZ
BeeHive Homes of Sierra Vista4110 E. Anderson Road, Sierra Vista, AZ
Life Care Center of Sierra Vista2305 EAST WILCOX DRIVE, Sierra Vista, AZ
Villa Vista Alzheimer's Care4255 CALLE VISTA, Sierra Vista, AZ
ACCENTCARE Personal Care Services500 East Fry Blvd., Suite L-11, Sierra Vista, AZ
Healing Hearts Assisted Living777 Golf Links Rd, Sierra Vista, AZ
Via Elegante Luxury Assisted Living4120 East Ramsey Road, Hereford, AZ
At A Glance
There are 7 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in Sierra Vista is $3,750 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Sierra Vista area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 15 reviews of assisted living communities in the Sierra Vista area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 7 assisted living communities in the Sierra Vista area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Sierra Vista
Located in Cochise County, Sierra Vista offers seniors views of mountain peaks, canyons and wildlife. In Sierra Vista there also six assisted living communities and one more nearby in Hereford. ALFs include several levels of care, including Adult Foster Homes (AFCs) which refers to live-in care for up to four seniors. Assisted living homes are facilities which provide care for up to 10 seniors, while assisted living centers care for 11 or more. All types of ALFs offer seniors assistance with personal care and activities of daily living.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Sierra Vista
- The weather in Sierra Vista is extremely comfortable. On average, the small city sees an average of 284 sunny days per year with minimal precipitation. Seniors who enjoy spending time outdoors will find that the weather accommodates outdoor living throughout most of the year.
- The overall cost of living in Sierra Vista is 5.2 percent below the US average. Seniors who are on a limited budget may be able to use the savings towards the cost of assisted living.
- Sierra Vista's air quality is ranked 1st in the country for cleanest 24-hour particle pollution, meaning the city's air quality has received a passing grade.
- The Sierra Vista area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Sierra Vista Regional Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Sierra Vista has an array of community resources for seniors, including city-funded trips and excursions that provide organized group outings for seniors aged 55 and up to nearby landmarks.
- Sierra Vista is safer than only 17 percent of US cities. Property crime rates are reasonably high and residents have a 1 in 34 chance of becoming a victim.
Paying for Assisted Living in Sierra Vista
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Arizona
Assisted Living costs in Sierra Vista start around $3,750 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Sierra Vista and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Sierra Vista
The Arizona Long Term Care System operates under a Medicaid 1115 demonstration waiver and helps eligible seniors pay for the cost of services provided by assisted living facilities.
Although there is no optional supplement to Supplemental Security Income in Arizona, room and board charges are capped for Medicaid Eligible seniors and must leave residents a with personal care allowance of $101.10 per month.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Arizona page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Arizona page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Sierra Vista
Sierra Vista and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Sierra Vista
Sierra Vista-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Arizona are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Arizona page for more information about these laws.