Assisted Living in Kingman
White Cliffs Senior Living3600 Peterson Road, Kingman, AZ
La Bella Assisted Living1721 Palo Verde Dr, Kingman, AZ
The Gardens at Kingman1031 DETROIT AVE, Kingman, AZ
Helen's Place Assisted Living Home1025 SUNRISE AVENUE, Kingman, AZ
White Oaks Assisted Living3862 NORTH MELODY STREET, Kingman, AZ
Cerbat Guest Home2364 CARVER AVENUE, Kingman, AZ
At A Glance
There are 6 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in Kingman is $2,995 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Kingman area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 12 reviews of assisted living communities in the Kingman area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 6 assisted living communities in the Kingman area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Kingman
Located in Mohave County, Kingman, Arizona, known as the heart of historic Route 66, has a population of over 23,000 with seniors comprising about 23 percent of the population. Seniors who are looking for help with activities of daily living will find six assisted living facilities in Kingman. Assisted living facilities are governed by the Arizona Department of Health Services and focus on providing seniors with supervisory care, personal care or directed care.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Kingman
- Because social security checks are not taxed, seniors living in Kingman, and throughout Arizona, have extra money to spend on quality care.
- In addition to no tax, the cost of living is 13 percent lower than the national average, and 15 percent lower than the state average, making Kingman a viable option for seniors on a budget.
- While violent crime is at 28.2, lower than the national average, property crime is a staggering 68.8. This is almost double the national average and could be a concern for seniors and their families.
- With 290 sunny days, no snow and a comfort index of 81 out of 100, Kingman is an ideal climate for active seniors. While the average high of 98 degrees might be too much for some, this city is much cooler than the Phoenix-Metro area which above 107 degrees throughout the summer.
- Because of its location away from large cities and its cooler temperature, the American Lung Association has given Mohave county an A grade for air quality, making it an excellent choice for seniors with a respiratory illness.
- Though there are limited public transportation services in Kingman, the city does provide the Kingman Area Regional Transit (KART), a small public bus service with wheelchair and scooter access.
Paying for Assisted Living in Kingman
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Arizona
Assisted Living costs in Kingman start around $2,995 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Kingman and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Kingman
Arizona has a number of programs for financial help with assisted living. Eligible seniors can apply to the Medicaid division Arizona Long Term Care Services (ALTCS), Agency With Choice (AWC) / Community First Choice Option (CFC) or Self-Directed Attendant Care (SDAC).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Arizona page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Arizona page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Kingman
Kingman and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Kingman
Kingman-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Arizona are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Arizona page for more information about these laws.